Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a must have in my home. I make a few every month and we enjoy it for breakfast or dessert. Or fresh out of the oven at any time of day because let’s be honest it’s just plain yummy.
Given my love for it I knew I needed to create a muffin version that I’d feel good about feeding my family. Of course I had to do it without compromising on taste. It needed to feel just as comforting and decadent as the traditional bread.
So brace yourself. You’re going to really be wowed by this one.
Have you ever tried an oatmeal muffin recipe before? Sometimes they feel a bit too much like oatmeal for my liking. To rectify that I’ve blended the oats in this recipe so the batter texture remains completely smooth. In fact everything just goes straight the blender. I’m always in favor of a dish I can make with minimal prep, aren’t you?
The banana flavor is strong, as it should be because this is essentially a banana bread after all.
And naturally I go heavy on the chocolate chips. Because if you don’t want lots of chocolate chips we can’t be friends.
This recipe is gluten free. It’s mostly dairy free and sugar free. To make it completely so just use a dairy free and sugar free brand of chocolate chips.
When my six year old son took his first bite of one he squealed. Literally squealed. That’s how I know it’s a winner. Also I ate three. Another sure sign.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (or a sugar free & dairy free version if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all your ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender. Blend until batter is completely smooth and oats are finely ground.
- Lightly grease your muffin tin. (I use olive oil.)
- Fill your muffin cups to approximately ⅔ full (or just a bit more) with batter.
- Add chocolate chips to each muffin.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Made these amazing muffins? I’d love to see them! Tag me on Instagram if you share a photo so I can check it out!