Fresh rosemary. Garlic. Crispy potatoes. Yes please.
This one pan chicken dinner is so simple and tasty. The whole family will love it. Plus it’s perfect for a Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, or just plain clean eating lifestyle. And did I mention that you only dirty one pan? As the official dish washer in my home that is good news to my ears!
This marinade is quick and full of fragrant herbs. You’ll want to whip it up for steak too. I don’t blame you.
The potatoes are crispy on the outside and buttery soft on the inside. They are perfection.
And the zucchini is tender with a mild flavor. It’s just the right compliment to everything else.
On this one pan you’ll have everything you need for a complete meal. Of course you can always add a beautiful salad on the side and use my easy Cilantro Citrus Vinaigrette (literally all the ingredients just go in a blender).
- For the marinade:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ cup apple vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Everything else:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 12 ounces baby dutch yellow potatoes (about 2 cups cubed)
- 2 small/medium zucchini, sliced into circles
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil (enough to coat your zucchini & potatoes)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet (mine is 12x17) with parchment paper.
- Trim your chicken breasts and slice horizontally to make 6 thin breasts. These will cook faster and absorb more marinade.
- Add your chicken breasts to a large ziplock bag. Dump in all marinade ingredients. Seal the bag, squeezing out any air. With your fingers smush the bag so that the marinade mixes up and coats the chicken. Set aside. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice your potatoes into fourths (or even sixths if some aren't small enough). Place in a single layer on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. They can touch each other but you do want it to be a single layer only.
- Add your zucchini to the baking sheet too. Again, they can touch but should remain a single layer.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil (3-4 tablespoons) over your potatoes and zucchini. Rub the olive oil onto each piece, flip them over and rub onto the other side. You want each one to be thinly coated. This prevents sticking, ensures browning of those yummy potatoes, and just adds overall flavor.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder over your potatoes (not zucchini).
- Salt both potatoes and zucchini. I use a salt grinder with coarse salt.
- Add your marinated chicken to the sheet.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Flip your chicken and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes. You just want a little brown on your potatoes.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the remaining sprig of rosemary (chopped) on your potatoes and serve!