I think cauliflower is kind of a miracle vegetable. It can do and be anything. I love it mashed but hands down my favorite way to enjoy cauliflower is as a “rice”.
Because cauliflower has such a mild flavor it quickly takes on whatever flavors you add to it. That makes it fun to experiment with soy sauce, coconut aminos, or whatever you can think up.
Today I’m showing you how to make the easiest, fastest, and tastiest Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
You can enjoy it as a side, in yummy tacos, or as the base for your burrito bowl. Basically anywhere you’d typically use traditional rice.
To start you’ll simply add your cauliflower to a blender to create that rice-like texture we want.
One large head of cauliflower will produce about 2 cups of rice. If the rice is part of an entree for a family of four (stir fry or burrito bowl) you may want to use two heads of cauliflower.
You then saute your rice in a bit of olive oil. Add in the spices and cilantro. Boom. You’re done!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- ⅛ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut the white of the cauliflower into large chunks and add to blender. Give it a few pulses until it is a rice-like texture.
- Press your cauliflower with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Add olive oil to saute pan and heat to medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot add your riced cauliflower.
- Add salt, garlic powder, and lime juice. Stir.
- Cover and allow to cook for 5 - 8 minutes. Rice should be tender when done.
- Remove from heat. (This is important because it cooks so quickly so you don't want it to overcook.)
- Stir in your chopped cilantro. Serve!
Want a really incredible way to use this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice? Try my Grilled Chicken Cauli Rice Burrito Bowl. You’ll be so very happy you did!