I’m potato obsessed. I manage to work potatoes into my diet every single day. I do not discriminate. Give them to me any way and I’ll be happy.
Lately I’ve been playing around with a few variations on baked fries and I needed a break from the baked fries. It’s not you, baked fries. It’s me. It was on this little hiatus that I created these crispy, salty, garlicky bites of heaven.
Oh, dear friends. These babies are amazing. The first time I made them I would have eaten the entire pan myself (not an exaggeration) but my husband caught on to what was happening and stole a few handfuls. He gave me a very surprised “And they’re really Whole30?”. Why yes. Yes, they are.
They. Are. So. Dang. Good.
They are crispy on the outside from roasting at a very high temperature.
They are soft on the inside from being quickly boiled prior to going in the oven.
They are salty.
They are garlicky.
They are buttery (it’s ghee).
They are incredible.
Make some. Good luck not gobbling them all up yourself.
- olive oil for greasing baking sheet
- 1.5 - 2.5 lbs small gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- sprig of fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice your potatoes. I use small gold potatoes but you can use fingerling or new potatoes if that's what you have on hand. I prefer gold potatoes because I find they taste buttery on their own so they're my go to potato for all the things.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling and then add the potatoes. Allow them to boil for 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are a little soft to the touch.
- Oil your baking sheet with a little olive oil to prevent sticking and then add your potatoes. You want to spread them out in a single layer so you don't have one on top of another.
- Using a fork gently press down on each potato. You want them to smush just a bit. If a few crumble don't sweat it. They'll taste delicious.
- In a microwave safe dish melt your ghee. Stir the garlic into the ghee. Pour your ghee/garlic mixture over the potatoes.
- Place baking sheet of potatoes in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Potatoes should have some browning. They should be crispy on the outside with a soft center.
- Chop your rosemary into small pieces and sprinkle on your potatoes.
- Gobble those babies up!