This Dairy Free Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip is inspired by my Buffalo Ranch Chicken Casserole. Both are dairy free and very satisfying!
This dip includes just four ingredients. Three of them are pretty obvious and I bet one will surprise you.
Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Yum.
Dairy free ranch dressing. I make my own Easy Ranch Dressing (super simple because everything just goes in the blender) but you can certainly use a store bought one if you prefer.
Chicken. I use rotisserie chicken that I’ve purchased already cooked from the grocery store and just shred it.
Now for the surprise ingredient. Riced cauliflower. Sound strange? Hear me out. I wanted the texture to be creamy but not totally runny. The dip needs to stay once you scoop it, right? Cauliflower has hardly any flavor at all once it’s cooked and absorbs whatever flavors you mix it with. That’s why it’s often blended in creamy dairy free sauces. It serves the very same purpose in this dip to create a thick creamy texture that will stay put when you dip your favorite chip or vegetable into it. Trust me, after we blend it you won’t know it’s there.
The hot sauce, ranch dressing, and cauliflower are blended together to create a smooth sauce. Then you simply stir in the shredded chicken and bake.
Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips or make this yummy dip Whole30 compliant by pairing it with plantain chips and raw veggies!
- 1 cup dairy free Ranch Dressing (I use my Easy Ranch Dressing)
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- If you're ricing your own cauliflower first add cauliflower heads to the blender and pulse until it has rice like consistency. Remove from blender and measure because you'll only want to use 2 cups of the riced cauliflower for this recipe. You can also find cauliflower that's already been riced (score!) in the produce section of many grocery stores.
- Add Ranch, Frank's Hot Sauce, and two cups of riced cauliflower to your blender.
- Blend until completely smooth. Pour this sauce into a large bowl.
- Stir your shredded chicken into the sauce. I use rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it myself. You're of course welcome to use grilled chicken if you prefer.
- Pour the dip mixture into a pie plate or baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, plantain chips, or sliced raw veggies like celery and carrots.
Enjoy this appetizer? If you share it on Instagram tag me so I can come check it out!