You probably already know I’m a big fan of roasting veggies. I swear there is no better way to bring out flavor and it’s so simple.
When I grew up we always had steamed broccoli. Don’t get me wrong, I like steamed broccoli just fine. But roasting takes broccoli to the next level. Roasting takes everything to the next level. And if Next Level was a restaurant I’d want to eat there.
So let’s get spicy. This Spicy Roasted Broccoli is incredible. Each floret is crispy on the outside but still tender. I go heavy on the olive oil because it helps give you that crispiness in the oven.
Crushed red pepper flakes give these babies heat. Don’t go crazy on them or your mouth will be on fire and you’ll be leaving me a comment about it being too hot. I’ll just be shaking my head at you. A little goes a long way. You heard it here first.
Have I mentioned that these are good? They are gooooooood.
The prep is minimal and the time in the oven is too. So break out the baking sheet and fresh broccoli. You’ll be enjoying these in no time!
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic salt
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice any large broccoli florets in half.
- Spread florets in a single even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and crushed red pepper flakes. (The red pepper is strong so use it sparingly.)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Florets should be soft with browning on the side that touches the pan.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Made this and love it? If you share it on Instagram tag me so I can come see it! I may even share it in my Instastories!
Craving more roasted veggie goodness? So am I, friend. I bet you’ll love these Roasted Parsley Carrots.