I hope you’re enjoying the same beautiful warm weather we have here. All this sunshine is getting me in the mood for entertaining friends in the backyard. These Peach Cream Cheese Tarts are the perfect dessert or brunch recipe for such an occasion. Yes ma’am, you are going to want to make them immediately. Cancel all your plans. Everyone will understand once you invite them over to enjoy these lovely pastries.
There are only 7 ingredients: Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, peaches, cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, almond extract, and a sprinkle of granulated sugar.
These tarts are sweet but not overly sweet.
They take about 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
They’re topped with a drizzle of almond glaze.
You can use all kinds of seasonally available fresh fruit! I’m using peaches today because they’re my favorite. Have you ever met someone who didn’t love peaches? I haven’t yet. Plus peach season is upon us so now is the perfect time to enjoy these ripe beauties!
You can find plenty of other delicious recipes using Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets on their Springtime Favorites Pinterest Board. Pizzas, breakfasts, desserts… there are many fun ideas you’ll want to try!
Now invite your friends over for a baby shower, wedding shower, coffee play date, or grilling in the backyard. I promise they’ll be most impressed when they take a bite of these tarts.
- FOR PASTRIES:
- 2 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry sheets, thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese, thawed
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 ripe peaches, sliced very thin (about ¼ inch)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1-2 additional teaspoons of milk to brush on outside of tart
- FOR GLAZE:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2½ teaspoons milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a well floured surface unfold your puff pastry sheets. Using a round cookie cutter (or bowl) cut your dough into 8-10 circles. My cookie cutter is 4¼ inches in diameter (that's pretty large) so I get 8 danishes out of the dough. Place your pastry circles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, and 2 tablespoons milk. Mix at medium high speed for approximately 1 minute. Cream cheese mixture should be smooth and completely combined.
- Spoon and spread a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each pastry circle. Leave the outside of the bare (approximately ½ - ¾ inch).
- Top each pastry with your sliced peaches. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar on top of the peaches.
- Brush a little milk around the outside of each pastry so that it browns nicely.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix your powdered sugar and 2½ teaspoons of milk until smooth. Drizzle on your baked tarts.
- Voila! Serve immediately while warm. Refrigerate any remaining tarts until you're ready to enjoy them.