Healthy 30 Minute Hamburger Soup
This Healthy 30 Minute Hamburger Soup is delicious and so easy to make. It's a hearty and rustic dish that warms you from the inside out. Plus it's dairy free, gluten free, and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, I use 93/7, can substitute lean ground turkey if you prefer
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans, sliced into thirds
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, fire-roasted is my favorite
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley for topping
Add your ground beef and onion to a large pot. Use your spatula to crumble your beef.
Saute beef and onion until beef browned and onion is wilted. This takes approximately 5 minutes.
Add in all other ingredients. Cover. Simmer on medium high heat for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Top with fresh chopped parsley.
You can substitute lean ground turkey for the beef if that's your preference.
Nutritional information is calculated based on a 1 cup serving. This is the amount I'd use when enjoying this along with something else. If the meal is the soup alone you'll likely want a 2 cup serving.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 128kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 775mg, Potassium: 624mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 2455IU, Vitamin C: 13.6mg, Calcium: 54mg, Iron: 3.7mg