The holiday season is the perfect time to indulge in all the sweets your heart desires. Or at least that’s what I tell myself. I start right around Thanksgiving and just keep on eating my way through the pantry until Valentine’s Day. Since I’m so committed to enjoying myself for such an extended period of time (oh I really am) I need to diversify my baked goods selection. One can’t simply eat chocolate chip cookies every day. (But if I was going to try such a feat this would be the recipe I’d make.) So I recently created these amazing Nutella & Almond Butter Patties. They have a little crunch and a lot of sweetness.
You only need 6 simple ingredients.
Plus there’s nutella. You caught that, right?
And in my house almond butter reigns supreme. Why anyone would prefer peanut butter I’ll never understand.
Bonus: These don’t require any actual baking! It’s the perfect cookie to make when your little ones want to help. Mine always do!
Won’t you give them a go and tell me how you love them?
- Ritz Crackers
- Almond Butter (I prefer mine without sugar.)
- 16 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Tbsp Coconut Oil
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet (or platter) spread out individual Ritz Crackers. Make as many as you like (or as many as you can fit).
- Spread a layer of almond butter on each cracker. Don't be stingy. Nobody likes a stingy cookie maker.
- Spread a layer of Nutella on top of the almond butter.
- Top each with another Ritz Cracker so your cookies look like little sandwiches.
- On the stove top add your chocolate chips and coconut oil. Melt on low heat while stirring constantly.
- One by one dip each cookie in the chocolate making sure to coat the top, bottom, and sides.
- Return each cookie to your parchment paper. Take care not to allow the cookies to touch or you'll have to break them apart later.
- Add sprinkles.
- Place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes so the chocolate can firm up.
- Eat! Return any leftovers to the refrigerator and keep going back for more!