I love chili. I know it’s traditionally a cold weather dish but I don’t care if it’s 100 degrees outside. I’ll still crave it. My husband has never understood this.
When I first adopted a clean eating lifestyle I tried a lot of chili recipes. Unfortunately, because I was limiting my dairy and legumes, I was left dissatisfied with the options. Many were thin and full of veggies that just don’t belong in a classic chili. No thank you, zucchini. I’m not making vegetable soup here.
I’m a chili traditionalist. That’s a thing. I made it up but now it’s a thing. I want my chili to look, smell, and taste like chili. It’s that simple.
If that sounds like you too then you’re going to be really happy with this No Bean 30 Minute Chili.
Yes, you can really make it in 30 minutes! Of course if you want to cook it low and slow for 100 hours that’s on you. Me? I like to cook fast whenever possible.
Plus it freezes really well so feel free to double the recipe and save some in the freezer.
This yummy chili is thick. It’s hearty. It’s dark. It doesn’t have beans but you’re not going to notice. It’s a chili you’re going to want to make on a regular basis. I wouldn’t lie to you.
More recipes like this:
No Bean 30 Minute ChiliPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef I use 93/7
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons garlic minced
- Add your ground beef to a large stock pot. Use your spatula to crumble the beef. Add in your chopped green pepper and onion. Cook on medium high, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned.
- If your beef isn't very lean you'll want to drain the grease before moving on to the next step. I use a very lean beef so I don't need to drain mine.
- Once your ground beef is cooked it's time to add the other ingredients to the pot. Stir. Cover and let simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Taste. Add extra salt or pepper if that's your preference. Top with green onions, avocado, cilantro, or onion. Enjoy!