Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes & Zucchini
Let’s keep dinner simple, shall we? If you’re in favor then check out this recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes & Zucchini. Everything cooks in the oven together for a quick meal everyone will love.
Update: This recipe was originally published in 2017 and has been republished with all new photos.
Fresh rosemary. Garlic. Roasted potatoes. Yes please. Okay there’s other stuff too but I come for the potatoes and the garlic. Just keeping it real.
This sheet pan dinner is so easy. It all cooks together so you just marinate, chop, and bake.
The marinade is quick and full of fragrant herbs. It’s what will make the whole kitchen smell ahhhhmazing while dinner is in the oven.
For this recipe you’ll want four chicken breasts. If your chicken is looking a little thick you may want to cut it horizontally to create thinner cutlets.
Now you know it’s not a complete meal without something green. I adore zucchini. We grow some in our garden every year since we eat so much of it. It’s so tender with a mild flavor. Just the perfect compliment to everything else.
That’s it! On this one sheet pan you’ll have everything you need for a complete meal. That makes it a winner on busy weeknights!
For this recipe you’ll need (full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below):
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Minced garlic
- Baby dutch yellow potatoes
What size sheet pan is best to use?
I use a 12 x 17 baking sheet for all my sheet pan recipes. This accommodates a lot of food without overcrowding. If your baking sheet is smaller, use two instead of one. (Don’t overcrowd.)
Why use baby dutch yellow potatoes?
Anyone else currently obsessed with baby dutch yellow potatoes? They’re essentially my go to potatoes these days. I really enjoy how small they are. Plus (and this is the most important part) they taste buttery without any actual butter.
Can you use a different potato?
Yes. You can use yellow, gold, russet potatoes if you like. Just cut them into 1-inch pieces for this recipe.
Can you use a different vegetable?
If zucchini isn’t your thing you could easily swap it out for broccoli or brussels sprouts. Both will roast beautifully at this temperature.
How to serve this
If you’re wanting to add something else you could always serve a salad on the side too. I recommend topping that salad with my easy Strawberry Basil Dressing (all the ingredients just go in a blender).
More sheet pan meals like this:
Pistachio Herb Crusted Salmon with Asparagus
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken Dinner
Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes & Zucchini
Chicken & Marinade:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 12 oz baby dutch yellow potatoes, cut into fourths
- 2 zucchini, sliced into circles
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin, enough to coat your zucchini & potatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line the bottom of a large baking sheet (mine is 12×17) with parchment paper.
- Add your chicken breasts to a large ziplock bag with all marinade ingredients. Seal the bag, squeezing out any air. Use your fingers to massage the bag so the marinade coats the chicken. Set aside. Allow marinade to work its magic for at least 30 minutes. The longer you marinade the stronger the flavor.
- Slice your potatoes into fourths (or even sixths if some aren't small enough). Place in a single layer on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. It's going to be a tight fit so don't worry if they touch each other. Just make sure it's a single layer.
- Add zucchini slices to the baking sheet too. Again, they can touch but should remain in a single layer.
- Drizzle the 1 tbsp of olive oil over your potatoes and zucchini.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and salt over your potatoes and zucchini.
- Add your marinated chicken to the sheet pan. Pour any leftover marinade on top of the chicken on the sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Broil on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the remaining sprig of rosemary (chopped) on everything and serve!
29 Comments on “Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes & Zucchini”
This looks like a great week night dinner option. I’ll definitely have to give it a try.
Thanks, Nicole! I hope you do!
Your chicken looks a-ma-zing, it’s healthy, and so easy to make. I will definitely try your recipe this weekend!
Thanks, Ana! I hope you love it!
This looks so YUMMY – and even better – delicious! I love cooking with rosemary.
Thanks, Corey! I do too! Rosemary just smells heavenly!
Nothing beats an easy, rustic and clean meal at the end of the day!
Rosemary EVERYTHING! Thanks, Kristin! I agree. An easy clean meal is the best meal.
That marinade alone looks AWESOME!! And I love doing everything in one pan. It makes things so much easier. Thanks for sharing 🙂
You had me at one pan. 😉 That looks delicious!
yummy and EASY! Love the sound of that!
Saving this for future reference. This looks fantastic!
One pan or one pot meals are my favorite. This looks delicious. Zucchini is a favorite. I gobble them up in the summer!
This sounds fantastic! I love rosemary. [I love the rest of the ingredients too. :)] I’ll definitely try this out sometime soon.
What a GREAT dinner! This is a winner.. it has everything you need! YUM!
I love one pan recipes! This really looks delicious, and the fact that it is so healthy makes it even better. I’m definitely going to try this soon!
xo, SC // SCsScoop.com
I love one-pan dinners! The marinade sounds amazing.
It’s yummy! Thank you, Rose!
Beautiful presentation!! Wow. I love these photos! It looks just delicious!!
Thanks so much, Michelle!
Wow this looks AMAZING. I love how easy it (heck YES to only one pan!), and that it’s lean clean and green. Totally giving this a try soon!
Thank you, Becca! Heck yes to only one pan is right!
This looks yummy! I love one pan dishes!
Thank you, Devon! You can’t beat the clean up!
This looks SO good! Delicious & easy to make, that’s what I’m talking about. Can’t wait to try this one!
Molly // Miss Molly Moon
YUM! Ok this entire thing was delicious BUT this marinade will be on repeat over here because sis….. that was so good. We all like zucchini but the 9yo said mom this is the best zucchini you’ve ever made. So yes. Everyone go make it.
Well that is quite the compliment! I’m so glad your 9 year old enjoyed it so much!!
Delicious and so easy. I had chicken strips so put them in with the rest of the ingredients after 10 minutes so they didn’t over cook.
Perfect! Love how you made the chicken strips work for you!