Let’s keep dinner simple, shall we? If you’re in favor then check out this recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes & Zucchini.
Fresh rosemary. Garlic. Roasted potatoes. Yes please. Okay there’s other stuff too but I come for the potatoes and the garlic. Just keeping it real.
This sheet pan dinner is so easy. It all cooks together so you just marinade, chop, and bake.
The marinade is quick and full of fragrant herbs. It’s what will make the whole kitchen smell ahhhhmazing while dinner is in the oven.
For this recipe you’ll want four chicken breasts. If your chicken is looking a little thick you may want to cut it horizontally to create thinner cutlets. (In these photographs here I’ve actually used three breasts. One was signifigantly larger than the others so I split that one. It worked out perfectly because my daughter is four and doesn’t need a huge portion.)
Anyone else currently obsessed with baby dutch yellow potatoes? They’re essentially my go to potatoes these days. I really enjoy how small they are. Plus (and this is the most important part) they taste buttery without any actual butter.
Now you know it’s not a complete meal without something green. I adore zucchini. We grow some in our garden every year since we eat so much of it in our house. It’s so tender with a mild flavor. Just the perfect compliment to everything else. If zucchini isn’t your thing you could easily swap it out for broccoli or brussels sprouts. Both will roast beautifully at this temperature.
That’s it! On this one sheet pan you’ll have everything you need for a complete meal. That makes it a winner on busy weeknights!
If you’re wanting to add something else you could always serve a salad on the side too. I recommend my easy Strawberry Basil Dressing (literally all the ingredients just go in a blender).
Made this sheet pan dinner and loved it? If you share a photo of your own plate on Instagram tag me so I can check it out!
If you’re in the mood for another easy meal idea I suggest these Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs in Marinara.
Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes & ZucchiniPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Chicken & Marinade:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 11/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 large basil leaves chopped, can substitute
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary chopped, can substitute
- 12 ounces baby dutch yellow potatoes cut into fourths
- 2 small zucchini sliced into circles
- 1 tbsp olive oil enough to coat your zucchini & potatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sprig rosemary chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line the bottom of a large baking sheet (mine is 12x17) with parchment paper.
- Add your chicken breasts to a large ziplock bag. Dump in all marinade ingredients. Seal the bag, squeezing out any air. Use your fingers to massage the bag so the marinade coats the chicken. Set aside. Allow marinade to work it's magic for at least 30 minutes. The longer you marinade the stronger the flavor.
- Slice your potatoes into fourths (or even sixths if some aren't small enough). Place in a single layer on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. It's going to be a tight fit so don't worry if they touch each other. Just make sure it's a single layer only.
- Add your zucchini slices to the baking sheet too. Again, they can touch but should remain a single layer.
- Drizzle the 1 tbsp of olive oil over your potatoes and zucchini.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and salt over your potatoes and zucchini.
- Add your marinated chicken to the sheet pan. Pour any leftover marinade on top of the chicken on the sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Broil on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the remaining sprig of rosemary (chopped) on everything and serve!