Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
Serve up this easy Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken on any busy weeknight for a really delicious and good for you dinner! Chicken, cashews, broccoli, red pepper, and the tastiest 4-ingredient sauce ever. What’s not to love?!
This dish makes me so happy. It feels like takeout but it’s better. Healthier and honestly more flavorful. You are going to be a fan.
The sauce is what really stands out here. And it’s truly couldn’t be more simple.
It was important that my version not include soy sauce or hoison sauce because I wanted this to be healthy without compromising on flavor. Thank God for Coconut Aminos. It’s the absolute best soy sauce substitute. It contains no soy and far less sodium. To reduce the sweetness I added rice vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes. The finished sauce is perfectly tangy and addictive. I want to put it on everything.
You can enjoy as is of course but I really enjoy this meal over cauliflower rice, zoodles, spaghetti squash, or traditional rice.
Want a substitute for rice vinegar?
I’ve made this exact same sauce with apple cider vinegar and truly didn’t taste a difference. So if you’re looking to make a swap go for it!
More sheet pan recipes:
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar, Can sub apple cider vinegar.
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, Use 1/2 tsp if you like spicier flavors. That’s what I do!
Chicken & Veggies
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- 12 oz fresh broccoli
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews, salted or unsalted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Dice chicken into cubes. Spread them in a single layer on one side of your baking sheet.
- Add broccoli florets to baking sheet in a single layer beside your chicken. Cut any large florets in half or thirds.
- Slice red pepper into strips. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet beside the broccoli.
- Salt & pepper everything. Drizzle olive oil over broccoli and red pepper. Drizzle half of your sauce over the chicken. (Save the other half for later.) Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and separate the chicken if it’s sticking together. Make room for the cashews and add to pan. Place back in the oven and bake for 5 additional minutes.
- Remove from the oven and make sure your chicken is cooked through. Chicken should have no pink in the middle.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, zoodles, spaghetti squash, or traditional rice for a a complete meal! Drizzle remaining sauce over everything just before serving.