Let’s get lots of good veggies in one dish with minimal prep, minimal cooking time, and minimal mess. Yes? Yes!
Are you a fan of cauliflower rice bowls yet? Friend, get on board. You’re going to be happily devour this Sheet Pan Balsamic Basil Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl. (I know. That’s a mouthful.)
It’s a bowl of veggies that doesn’t feel like a bowl of veggies. The very best part may just be that everything cooks together on one sheet pan.
BOOM. Mind blown.
No need to prepare one ingredient one way and another a different way. Let’s just not, okay?
Did I mention that this dinner only takes 30 minutes from start to finish? 30 minutes. So you can live your life and then throw this together at the last possible minute.
The chicken and broccoli roast in balsamic vinegar plus the chicken gets a little extra love from minced garlic and fresh basil.
Layer in roasted red onion and cauliflower rice. You have yourself a fantastic good for you bowl of yum.
I’ll warn you now. This is one of those recipes that just starts to smell amazing almost as soon as it goes in the oven. Isn’t that the best?
I love when everyone in the house knows something good is happening. Meanwhile I’m off doing other things because this dinner almost makes itself. (Well as close to that as we can manage.)
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Made this yummy sheet pan dinner? If you share it on Instagram I’d love to see it. Just tag me so I can check it out!
Sheet Pan Balsamic Basil Chicken Cauliflower Rice BowlPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 chicken breasts diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/8 cup fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice chicken into cubes. Spread them in a single layer on one side of your baking sheet.
- Add broccoli florets to baking sheet in a single layer beside your chicken. Cut any large florets in half or thirds.
- Slice red onion into strips. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet beside the broccoli.
- Add cauliflower rice to baking sheet beside the onion. (If you're ricing your own cauliflower just add florets to a high powered blender and blend until cauliflower has a rice or pearl-like consistency.)
- Drizzle 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar over the chicken and broccoli.
- Add minced garlic to your chicken.
- Add salt & pepper to everything on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and separate the chicken if it's sticking together. Drizzle 2 additional tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and chopped basil to your chicken. Place back in the oven and bake for 5 additional minutes.
- Remove from the oven and make sure your chicken is cooked through. Chicken should have no pink in the middle.
- Layer your cauliflower rice, red onions, broccoli, and chicken in bowls. Add a little more balsamic vinegar if you prefer a stronger taste (I always do). Enjoy!