My mother in-law once told me that I love garlic in everything. The woman is right. She’s a smart lady.
One of my all time favorite combos is lemon and garlic. Add a little cream to the mix and I am in heaven.
This dish is fast.
You cook it all in one pan.
It involves very little prep.
The finished product is gorgeous and sure to wow the family.
Have you not printed, pinned, saved, or shared this yet? Let me tell you more.
It is perfection over angel hair pasta. Or, if you’re like me, you may prefer to lighten it up by serving over zoodles or sauteed spinach and arugula. Either way you get to take advantage of all the creamy sauce.
Now get on it! And I really hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tbsp paprika
- ¼ chopped parsley (fresh or dry)
- 1 lemon, sliced for garnish
- Halve your chicken breasts. Using a meat mallet flatten them out a bit. I cover my chicken with saran wrap when I do this so that my mallet is a little easier to clean.
- In a saute pan heat your olive oil on Medium to Medium High. Add your chicken to the oil and sprinkle with your salt, pepper, and onion powder. Brown each side. Chicken won't be cooked all the way through and we don't want it to be. We'll do that later. If your pan is hot this will be quick, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Add chicken stock, minced garlic, and lemon juice. using a spatula scrape up all the good brown chicken bits from the bottom of the pan. Cover and cook on Medium for about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Uncover. Reduce heat to Medium Low. Add your butter, heavy whipping cream, and paprika. Whisk the sauce a bit in the pan so all your paprika isn't concentrated in one area. Let it go for a few minutes to heat the sauce through. Then add parsley, garnish with lemon, and serve!