Last week I was at my sister’s house enjoying a little family time before our annual beach week (which is happening now). We love making big salads for lunch so I started experimenting with dressings. I was craving lemon and I set out to create a Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
Wow. It’s oh so very good.
A little sweet.
A little tart.
A little tropical.
A whole lot of yum.
I used coconut milk to introduce a bit of creaminess and still keep it dairy free.
Y’all are going to love this. I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s my new favorite dressing. It really is. Next week I have pig plans to toss some fruit in this dressing and I can’t wait.
Note: Just like any dressing with vinegar and olive oil you’ll notice some separation while the dressing sits so give it a quick stir before pouring.
- ¼ cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk (stir if separated in the can)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a jar and shake. (Or add to a bowl and whisk together.)
- Pour over salad or fruit and enjoy!