I love a soup that’s ready in 30 minutes. (I have lots of them on the blog.) Let’s be honest. I love any and all meals that are ready in 30 minutes. But there’s something special about soup. It’s comforting and just warms you right up from the inside out.
This Healthy 30 Minute Hamburger Soup is so easy to make it’s sure to become part of your regular dinner rotation.
It’s filled with only good for you ingredients so you’ll be happy to feed it to your family.
It’s Whole30 compliant and dairy free. But of course anyone wanting to eat yummy food without compromising a healthy lifestyle can enjoy this.
I start with lean ground beef and diced onion. They go in the same pot I’ll use for the soup. Sure you can totally use a saute pan but I see no point in dirtying a pan when the pot works just as well, right? I’m always in favor of less dishes to wash.
Once your beef has browned drain any excess fat. I don’t usually have any because I prefer a very lean beef.
Then all your other ingredients go in the pot.
In order to cook your soup quickly and avoid it being too much like a stew it’s important to cut your potatoes pretty small. My diced potatoes are no bigger than an inch in diameter. I cut the green beans into thirds or fourths. The carrots are cut into small circles and then each circle is cut again.
The final product will warm you right up. It’s delicious and good for you!
Enjoy it with a sandwich or just have a big ole bowl of it by itself.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I use 93/7)
- ½ white or yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups (32 oz) beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans, sliced into thirds
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, fire-roasted
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley for topping
- Add your ground beef and onion to a large pot. Use your spatula to crumble your beef. Saute beef and onion until beef browned and onion is wilted. This takes approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in all other ingredients. Cover. Simmer on medium high heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Top with fresh chopped parsley.
Made this? If you share it on Instagram I’d love it if you’d tag me so I can come see it!