Can you believe it’s mid October already? The temperature here in Arkansas has dropped to the low 50’s but I’m sure it will warm back up any day now. It is the South after all. I have big plans to hibernate as soon as the weather makes it’s mind up to stay cool.
Also I’ll be consuming obscene quantities of this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. I’ve had a head start on that as I’ve already made three batches in three weeks.
It is so very tasty, friends.
Plus it’s so simple.
All the ingredients just go straight in the slow cooker. No prep. No nothing. Just let it do it’s thing. Don’t you love when somebody (or something) does all the work for you? Yes. Yes, ma’am, I do.
Let me tell you the best part. These are all ingredients I keep on hand. I’ve even used frozen chicken breasts without an issue! You can stock up on everything now and you’ll be all ready to go throughout the cool weather months.
- 5 - 6 chicken breasts
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups (32 oz) chicken broth
- 2 15.25 cans corn
- 2 15.5 oz cans white canellini beans
- 2 4.5 oz cans chopped green chiles
- 1 cup full fat unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: fresh chopped cilantro for topping
- Add everything to your slow cooker. Cover. Cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. You'll know it's done when chicken shreds with a fork.
- Shred chicken and place back in the chili.
- Ladle chili into bowls and top with fresh chopped cilantro.
Made this? If you share it on Instagram tag me so I can check it out!
Looking for a chili that doesn’t include beans? Check out my No Bean 30 Minute Chili.