Dinner in a bowl? That’s still light on calories and full of good for you ingredients? If that makes you as happy as it does me you’re going to love this Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup!
This soup has so much flavor in it but it’s way better for you than you may think. Call it a taco soup, fajita soup, or a tortilla soup. It all works. The idea is that you’re going to get those big flavors of pepper, onion, and plenty of seasonings. It’s seriously tasty, friend.
Everything goes right into the slow cooker. When it’s done cooking simply shred your chicken and stir in fresh chopped cilantro. Super easy, right?
I’ve included no rice or beans but I swear it’s very filling without it. That chicken shreds beautifully to make this soup plenty hearty. It just doesn’t need anything else!
I love mine with sliced avocado on top. My kids enjoy shredded cheese and sour cream in their bowls. My husband likes to eat his with tortilla chips. You can’t go wrong!
And since I know you want to know, this freezes and reheats like a champ. Go ahead and meal prep the heck out of it if that’s your jam!
Made this and loved it? If you share your finished dish on Instagram tag me so I can check it out!
Craving another hearty but light soup? My No Bean 30 Minute Chili should do the trick.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita SoupPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup salsa jarred
- 28 oz diced fire roasted tomatoes canned
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Add all other ingredients on top except for the fresh cilantro. (We'll add the cilantro later.)
- Cook on high with lid on for 3 - 4 hours or low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken and then place it back in the slow cooker.
- Taste. Add more salt if that's your preference.
- Stir in your chopped fresh cilantro.
- Ladle into bowls and serve! Add avocado, cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips if you like. It's perfectly delicious without as well!