One evening last week I made my Beef & Broccoli for dinner. It’s so good, y’all. (Ignore the horrible photos of it. It’s been on the blog for ages and I still haven’t gotten around to updating them.) It got me thinking that I really needed to do a chicken stir fry recipe too.
Stir fry is always such a good dinner idea. It’s usually fast and everything goes in one pan. We can always appreciate that, right?
The stir fry I’m sharing today is Garlic Crushed Red Pepper Chicken Stir Fry. I went with chicken as my protein because I always have frozen chicken on hand to thaw out. Do you? I find that anything with chicken is usually a great solution for busy moms like me.
Sometimes chicken can seem a little bland but it’s really all about the preparation. This particular stir fry is spicy and packed full of big flavors like garlic, ground chipotle chile pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Don’t worry. It’s not hot like “let’s enter a pepper eating contest to see who can survive the heat”. Nah. It’s spicy like “man, this is delicious I think I’ll go for seconds”. Because I did go for seconds. You can easily decrease the heat by only using 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper. (But you’ll be missing out.)
Plus all those yummy spices make the green beans extra special too. We don’t do boring veggies at my house and these green lovelies are no exception.
Give this delicious stir fry a try one evening for dinner this week. You’ll be happy you did!
- 2 tablespoons ghee or cooking fat of choice (coconut oil, olive oil, etc)
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 18 oz fresh green beans, snipped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee (or cooking fat of choice) to a cast iron skillet (or other saute pan). Heat on medium high.
- Dice your chicken breasts into large chunks approximately 1½ inches in diameter.
- Once pan is hot add your chicken. Brown on both sides.
- When the chicken is browned add another tablespoon of ghee and all other seasonings. Stir.
- Chop your green beans into thirds and add to the pan. Stir.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. (Those are yummy!)
- Chicken should be cooked through and green beans should be softened but not totally wilted.
Made this dish? If you share it on Instagram tag me so I can check it out!