Cilantro Turkey Burgers
Think that beef burgers are the best burgers? Well you clearly haven’t tried these Cilantro Turkey Burgers yet!
Now you should know that we’ve never really been turkey burger people. I’ve tried a few variations in restaurants but my heart always longs for the beef variety. So we were tough critics as we set out to make a good one.
A few months ago my husband was diagnosed with a red meat allergy that developed as a result of a tick bite. Yes, that’s a thing. Crazy, isn’t it?
We set out to make a turkey burger that we could love every bit as much as a beef burger. And oh boy we did it.
Friend, they’re delicious. And know that this is coming from someone who really loves a beef burger and has been hesitant about turkey burgers. So when I say this is just as good and satisfying I really mean that.
The biggest takeaway for us in all our experimenting was that it’s all about what flavors you add to the turkey. If you don’t want a boring burger you need a good marinade, lots of seasoning, and incredible toppings.
Let’s start with the marinade, shall we? Coconut Aminos do a beautiful job. If you’re not familiar with it yet it’s going to rock your world. It tastes an awful lot like soy sauce but it’s milder and includes a great deal less salt. That plus a few spices help flavor the ground turkey so it’s all mouthwateringly tasty.
I rarely make anything without fresh herbs and these burgers are no exception. I used plenty of fresh chopped cilantro in here. It helps bind everything and is a good balance for the natural softness of the ground turkey.
When considering toppings I really wanted something that would wow and pair perfectly with the cilantro. The answer was easy. Creamy Avocado Dressing & Dip. It’s incredibly simple to whip up. Just toss a few ingredients in the blender!
Serve this Cilantro Turkey Burger however you like! I’ve had it in a lettuce wrap and on a smashed potato several times. It’s a delicious and light entree that won’t leave you feeling hungry.
Buns work great too. But that didn’t need to be said, right?
Cilantro Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos, Original
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Creamy Avocado Dressing & Dip
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT THE OLIVE OIL to a large bowl. Use your hands to combine ingredients.
- Form into four patties. If you're not grilling immediately place the patties on a plate and cover with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. (Ground turkey is very soft and it will firm up the refrigerator. Don't let it sit out any longer than necessary.)
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of each burger. Gently place each patty on the grill.
- Sear until brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Do not flip your burger too early or it will fall apart. When it's sufficiently browned on one side, flip. Sear remaining side until browned and patty is cooked through, another 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve!