This Buffalo Chicken Frittata is definitely not your standard breakfast fare. It cooks up nice and thick with all the flavor of buffalo chicken wings. But without the wings. Plus it’s dairy free, gluten free, and Whole30 compliant. If you like buffalo sauce and you like chicken, welcome to your new breakfast!
Our Christmas break is winding down over here. My goodness it feels like the longest break ever. It’s been wonderful but I seriously cannot believe it’s still going on! What day is it?! Heck if I know. We are wearing pajamas until 10 am and the kids are eating cereal at 1 pm. Don’t judge me. Like I said, I don’t know what’s going on over here.
The good news is that the end of the holidays mean I’m getting back on track with my recipe posting. Hallelujah! Today’s recipe is one I’ve been thinking about for a few months. It’s a beautiful marriage of two of my family’s favorite things. Breakfast + (you guessed it) buffalo chicken.
Is it spicy? Nope. I know the bright orange color may throw you. But really nobody will be burning their tongues on this one. To amp up the heat just drizzle extra Frank’s Red Hot Original on top when serving.
Have you cooked with Frank’s Red Hot before? The ingredient list is nice and short. Just cayenne red peppers, distilled vinegar, water, salt, and garlic powder. Simple, right? Yet it packs a big punch.
Now let’s get cooking.
Onion and celery is diced and sautéed in a bit of olive oil. Once softened just spread it around and add your cooked shredded chicken.
Now it’s time to get the egg mixture ready. Whisk the eggs with Frank’s Red Hot Original and a few seasonings. Pour this all over your chicken and place the skillet in the oven.
That’s it! A little green onion is a lovely garnish to help break up all the orange but it’s totally optional. Finely chopped cilantro would also work great.
Give it a try and let me know if it appeals to your buffalo chicken lovin’ heart!
Made this and loved it? If you share a photo of your masterpiece on Instagram tag me so I can check it out!
Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken FrittataPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 white or yellow onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups fully cooked shredded chicken This is approximately 2 chicken breasts. Can boil, sauté, or grill it. Can also use store-bought rotisserie.
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Original
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add your olive oil to a cast iron skillet or another oven safe pan. Toss in the diced onion, celery, and garlic. Sauté on the stove on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Remove pan from heat. Spread onion, garlic, and celery into an even layer. Top with cooked shredded chicken.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, Frank's Red Hot Original, salt, and ground cayenne pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. (16 minutes works perfect for my oven.)
- Remove from oven when done. Center should not be jiggly. Top with green onion (optional). Slice and serve! For additional heat you can drizzle a little extra Frank's Red Hot Original over top.