Easy Diced Air Fryer Potatoes
These Easy Diced Air Fryer Potatoes are fast and can (and should) be served with everything! Crispy, tender, and totally delicious!
I’ve been making these Easy Diced Air Fryer Potatoes at least twice a week for the last three months. If you watch my Instagram stories then you’ve seen it over and over again. What can I say? Once I like something it stays in the dinner rotation for 8-10 years.
Now I’m finally dropping the recipe here. If you haven’t tried these yet, go grab your ingredients and let’s do this!
You’ll need potatoes, oil, dried parsley, salt, pepper, and chili powder. That’s it! And you’re really using so little oil which I love.
The air fryer makes your potatoes beautifully crispy with minimal mess, prep, or oil. To flavor the potatoes, simply dice them and toss them in a mix of olive oil and seasonings. Then pop them into the air fryer!
How to avoid uneven cooking in the air fryer?
My one and only complaint about using an air fryer is that you can’t cook a whole lot at one time because it can cook unevenly. You can avoid this though! First, don’t cook too much at one time. In my compact air fryer I can do 2 cups of diced potatoes. While the basket would absolutely fit 4 cups half of them end up undercooked so stick to the 2 cups. Second, when you shake the basket make sure the food at the bottom of the basket makes it’s way to the top. A halfhearted basket shake will give you underdone potatoes stuck at the bottom.
What kind of air fryer should you use?
There are so many options out there and you do not need a pricey air fryer to achieve crispy potato perfection. I use a Bosh Compact Air Fryer and it was under $40. I found it at Sam’s Club and the price tag appealed to me because at the time I wasn’t sure how often I’d use it! Needless to say, we use it all the time! You can find mine on Amazon in a variety of colors. (I have black.) You can absolutely splurge on a fancy air fryer if you want but just know that you can achieve great results with an inexpensive one as well!
More potato recipes:
Easy Diced Air Fryer Potatoes
- 2 cups diced potatoes, I prefer gold or yellow potatoes.
- 1/2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Toss your diced potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, and dried parsley. Use your hands or a spoon to move the potatoes around so each piece is evenly coated. Place them in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- If your air fryer has a basket you’ll want to stop cooking after 10 minutes and shake the potatoes. This keeps the potatoes at the bottom from becoming underdone. Place the basket back in the air fryer and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Potatoes should be crispy and fully cooked. (Total air fryer cooking time is 20 to 25 minutes. 25 minutes is the right number for my air fryer but each fryer can vary.)