Gimme More Zoodles Veggie Bowl
Are you on board with zoodles yet? I went the first 33 years of my life without them and I’ve been making up for lost time ever since.
Today I’m sharing my Gimme More Zoodles Veggie Bowl. Zoodles are the star in this dish. We’re bringing out the natural goodness of zucchini and all the other veggies with just a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Veggie bowls are a yummy breakfast or lunch option. Often time they require roasting a lot of veggies which I love but can be time consuming. This bowl is ready in just a few minutes so you can enjoy it even when you don’t have too much time to spend in the kitchen.
Let’s talk about how to create “noodles” from zucchini. There are lots of great spiralizers on the market. Most are large and perfect for when you’re preparing a big meal for the family. However, often time I make zoodles just for me. When that’s the case I go for a little hand held contraption that I bought at Walmart for around $2. Use whatever you prefer!
For the other veggies in this dish I went simple. Tomatoes for a bit of sweetness. Avocado for some creaminess. Spinach, arugula, and garlic are such a tasty flavor combo I just had to include them.
This Gimme More Zoodles Veggies Bowl is easy, fast, and tasty! It’s full of fresh ingredients and ready in just a few minutes. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus drizzle so change to 2
- 2 handfuls of spinach and arugula
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- handful of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- salt & pepper
- Spiralize your zucchini to create zoodles.
- In a non stick pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add zoodles. Stir. Cook for 2 – 4 minutes or until zoodles are softened. Remove from pan and add to bowl.
- Add spinach, arugula, and garlic to the now empty pan. Cook for 2 – 4 minutes or until wilted. Remove from pan and add to bowl.
- Crack your egg into your pan and fry until it’s prepared how you like it. (To achieve a really runny yolk I like to cover the pan with a lid.) Add to bowl.
- Slice your tomatoes in half.
- Slice your 1/2 avocado into slices.
- Add to the bowl. Drizzle your remaining tablespoon of olive oil over everything and sprinkle with salt and pepper.