This Grilled Zucchini & Squash is unbelievably delicious thanks to an incredible (and incredibly simple) olive oil, herb, and seasoning mixture.
Update: This recipe was originally published in 2017 and has been republished with all new photos.
This year I planted zucchini and squash in our garden, something I’ve never tried before. I wasn’t sure how they’d do but boy was I surprised! They’ve grown huge with leaves bigger than my head. That is not an exaggeration, friends. They are huge. So zucchini and squash are on the meal plan (just kidding, I don’t meal plan but I wish I did) daily over here.
These vegetables soften quickly as they cook. To keep them from getting mushy don’t slice them very thin. My slices are around 1/2 inch thick. I wouldn’t go any thinner than 1/3 inch.
Before grilling I quickly coat the zucchini and squash in a mixture of olive oil, parsley, garlic powder, and salt. Any remaining olive oil goodness that settles in the bottom of the bowl gets drizzled over the finished veggies right before serving.
Oh it’s magic in your mouth.
And so easy! Ready in 15 minutes from start to finish!
Grilled Zucchini & SquashPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Slice your zucchini and squash into circles 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. (I would not go any thinner than 1/3 inch.)
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl add your vegetable slices, olive oil, and seasonings. Use your hands or a spoon to move around the veggies until they're lightly coated.
- Lay zucchini and squash slices on the grill. (We'll use any remaining oil at the end so just leave it in the bowl.) Grill for 5 minutes per side or until you achieve the desired softness.
- Remove from grill and plate. Drizzle remaining oil/herb/seasoning mixture over your grilled zucchini and squash. Enjoy!