You probably already know I’m a big fan of roasting veggies. I swear there is no better way to bring out flavor and it’s so simple.
When I grew up we always had steamed broccoli. Don’t get me wrong, I like steamed broccoli just fine. But roasting takes broccoli to the next level. Roasting takes everything to the next level. And if Next Level was a restaurant I’d want to eat there.
So let’s get spicy. This Spicy Roasted Broccoli is incredible. Each floret is crispy on the outside but still tender. I go heavy on the olive oil because it helps give you that crispiness in the oven.
Crushed red pepper flakes give these babies heat. Don’t go crazy on them or your mouth will be on fire and you’ll be leaving me a comment about it being too hot. I’ll just be shaking my head at you. A little goes a long way. You heard it here first.
Have I mentioned that these are good? They are gooooooood.
The prep is minimal and the time in the oven is too. So break out the baking sheet and fresh broccoli. You’ll be enjoying these in no time!
Spicy Roasted BroccoliPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets
- 3 - 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice any large broccoli florets in half. Leave smaller ones whole.
- Spread florets in a single even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Florets should be soft with browning on the side that touches the pan.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately!
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes are spicy so I recommend measuring it out and only using the 1/2 teaspoon listed in the ingredients. A little really goes a long way!
Made this and love it? If you share it on Instagram tag me so I can come see it! I love sharing reader photos of my recipes in Instastories!
Craving more roasted veggie goodness? So am I, friend. I bet you’ll love these Roasted Parsley Carrots.