Balsamic Peach Skillet Chicken
This balsamic peach chicken is a little sweet, a little tangy, and a whole lot of good! Serve over traditional rice or cauliflower rice for an easy dinner that everyone will love.
Peaches, peaches, peaches. It’s just that time of year and I want allll the peaches. If you’re with me then you’ll appreciate this saucy Balsamic Peach Skillet Chicken.
This skillet chicken is simple enough for any night of the week. Most days this is super important to me because our evenings are busy with activities but that’s definitely not the case lately. Gone are the days of an hour at gymnastics followed by three hours at the ballpark. This pandemic has us home 24/7 and still I’m just plain worn out by the end of the day. Can you relate? So I guess what I’m saying is pandemic or no pandemic, I like a quick meal.
To make this entree, we’ll start by sautéing our chicken in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Once browned, remove from the skillet and set aside.
Then simmer all your other ingredients until peaches are tender. Taste and add more salt or honey until it’s just how you like it. So simple!
About those peaches… I use fresh peaches for this recipe but you could go with canned peaches in 100% juice if you prefer. Two things to note though. (1) Reduce your sauce simmering time if using canned peaches. Those babies are already plenty soft so you won’t need quite as much simmering. (2) Since canned peaches tend to be sweeter you may want to adjust the amount of honey you use. Start with a little less, taste, and add more if you want more.
The finished product is a little sweet but not overwhelmingly so. You’ll get plenty of balsamic flavor. Feel free to increase the honey if you prefer a sweeter sauce!
How to make this Whole30?
This skillet chicken isn’t Whole30 compliant because it contains honey. Honey, sugar, maple syrup and many other sweeteners are prohibited while on the Whole30 program.
You can easily make this Whole30 by eliminating the honey altogether for a stronger balsamic flavor. Then serve over cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash.
Or if you’re wanting another skillet chicken recipe that is Whole30 compliant as written, just try my Chicken in Mushroom Gravy.
What sides can you serve this with?
Serve this saucy peach chicken over traditional rice, cauliflower rice, zoodles, roasted diced potatoes, roasted veggies, or spaghetti squash for a complete meal.
More recipes like this:
Balsamic Peach Skillet Chicken
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups peaches, diced, about 4 large peaches or 5 medium peaches
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet (I use my 12") over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté, flipping occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken has some browning. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add diced peaches, water, balsamic vinegar, honey, and minced garlic. Simmer on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until peaches are tender. You should see quite a bit of bubbling as it cooks.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add chicken back to the skillet and stir in fresh basil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Taste. Add more salt or honey to taste.