Salsa Verde Chicken Soup is ready in only 30 minutes! Now that’s my kind of quick comforting meal.
This soup is simple. Chop your onion and bell pepper. Add everything to a pot on the stove. Let it simmer until your chicken is cooked through and ready to shred. I stir in fresh cilantro at the end because you know I never miss an opportunity to use herbs in my cooking. Then eat!
Ladle the finished and totally delicious soup into bowls and serve. It’s guaranteed to warm you right up.
Check the label on your Salsa Verde to make sure you’re getting only the good stuff. The one I buy has no junk and no sugar. Only tomatillos, roasted jalapeño peppers, roasted tomato puree, water, onion, salt, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, and cumin. It adds a wonderful flavor but not much heat so even the kids can enjoy it.
Looking to make this even lighter and Whole30 compliant? Simply swap out the corn for cauliflower rice. So easy!
Salsa Verde Chicken SoupPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup Salsa Verde
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 15.25 oz canned corn drained
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Add everything except for the cilantro to a large pot. Bring to a boil on high heat. Then cover and and reduce to a simmer (medium high or medium heat) for 20 to 25 minutes. Chicken should be cooked through when done.
- Shred or chop up your chicken. Stir in fresh chopped cilantro. Taste and add extra salt or pepper if you like. Serve!