This Healthy 30 Minute Hamburger Soup is delicious and so easy to make. It’s a hearty and rustic dish that warms you from the inside out.
I love a soup that’s ready in 30 minutes. Let’s be honest. I love any and all meals that are ready in 30 minutes. I have things to do and standing in the kitchen for two hours making dinner isn’t one of them.
This Heathy 30 Minute Hamburger Soup is a favorite of mine. It’s Whole30 compliant, dairy free, and gluten free. No junk. No ingredients you can’t pronounce. (You can’t say that about most store-bought soups, friend.) No unnecessary anything. Just good for you ingredients you’ll be proud to feed your family.
I start with lean ground beef (or ground turkey) and diced onion. They go in the same pot I’ll use for the soup. You can totally use a saute pan but I see no point in dirtying a pan when the pot works just as well, right? I’m always in favor of less dishes to wash.
Once your beef has browned drain any excess fat. If you use a lean beef like I do you likely won’t have anything to drain.
Then all your other ingredients go in the pot too.
In order to cook your soup quickly and avoid it being too much like a stew it’s important to cut your potatoes pretty small. My diced potatoes are no bigger than an inch in diameter. I cut the green beans into thirds or fourths. The carrots are cut into small circles and then each circle is cut again.
Let it all simmer for 20 minutes. That’s it! You’re ready to serve. How painless was that?
The final product is a total crowd pleaser. Even if your crowd includes a three year old and a seven year old. I should know.
Enjoy a bowl with a sandwich or just by itself.
Made this? If you share a photo of your soup on Instagram tag me so I can come see it!
Healthy 30 Minute Hamburger SoupPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef I use 93/7, can substitute lean ground turkey if you prefer
- 1/2 white or yellow onion diced
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans sliced into thirds
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes fire-roasted is my favorite
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley for topping
- Add your ground beef and onion to a large pot. Use your spatula to crumble your beef.
- Saute beef and onion until beef browned and onion is wilted. This takes approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in all other ingredients. Cover. Simmer on medium high heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Top with fresh chopped parsley.