This Skillet Blueberry Almond Cobbler is easy, dairy free, gluten free, and refined sugar free. You’ll love every scoop of this delicious dessert!
Stop what you’re doing. Stop all the things you’re doing. Yes, that. This is better than that. That can wait. Put that down. You’re really going to want to give your full attention to this Skillet Blueberry Cobbler.
I’ve been making blueberry cobbler for years and I’ve played with lots of variations. I think where I’ve landed is really something special.
Of course I’ve made it a bit healthier. I bet you knew that. But you will not know it when you eat it. That’s a promise from me to you.
Now about the blueberry filling. This is where all the magic happens. Fresh blueberries, orange juice, orange zest, almond extract, honey, and a pinch of salt. Pour it all into your 10 inch cast iron skillet.
For the dough I’ve used almond four and coconut flour instead of white flour. Those plus a few simple ingredients create the yummy breaded topping. Stir them together in a large bowl (no need to use a mixer). Then use your hands to crumble it up and spread it over your blueberry filling. Top with sliced almonds. Now you’re ready for the oven.
When this Skillet Blueberry Almond Cobbler is done baking your blueberries will be bubbling, the topping will be beautifully browned, and your kitchen will smell like heavenly almond extract.
Let it sit for a few minutes. And then… Oh my.
Did you notice the sugar in this recipe? Nope. That’s because there is zero refined sugar. This cobbler is still perfectly sweet thanks to honey in the blueberry filling and that apple sauce added to the dough.
Enjoy this dessert as is or top it with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream. Anyway you serve it you’ll have a lot of happy eaters asking for seconds.
Made this and loved it? If you share a photo of your finished cobbler on Instagram tag me so I can check it out!
Skillet Blueberry Almond CobblerPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- zest from one orange
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all blueberry filling ingredients to a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Spread into an even layer.
- In a large bowl stir together all dough ingredients. The final texture should be clumpy.
- Use your hands to crumble the dough on top of the blueberry mixture. Sprinkle sliced almonds over your dough.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes (40 minutes is the ideal time for my oven). The top should be a golden brown and the edges of your cobbler should be bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Scoop into bowls and enjoy as is or topped with vanilla ice cream.