Chicken Zoodle Soup
Chicken Zoodle Soup is light but still manages to be hearty. A delicious way to warm up on a chilly evening!
On a cold winter day I always crave a hot bowl of soup. Of course it’s also perfect in warmer weather in this gal’s opinion. I’m the kind of person who makes chili in the heat of summer so what do I know. Basically I just love soup.
This Chicken Zoodle Soup is a great way to introduce your family to zoodles if you’re feeling a bit hesitant. My husband and 5 year old son wholeheartedly approve and that’s really saying something. They are not exactly adventurous eaters!
This particular recipe is enough to feed our family of four for two meals (even when my husband goes back for seconds). If you’re only making this for one or two people you may want to freeze the leftovers or halve the ingredients for a smaller batch.
Craving more soup recipes? Try my Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup, No Bean 30 Minute Chili, or Salsa Verde Chicken Soup. Find even more by perusing the entire Soup category.
Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking fat of choice, I use olive oil or ghee.
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 64 oz chicken stock
- 4 - 6 chicken breasts, Four is plenty if they're large.
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4-6 zucchini
- 1/2 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Add your cooking fat of choice, carrots, celery, onion, and minced garlic to a pot on the stove. Heat on medium to medium high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken breasts, chicken stock, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Let everything simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove your chicken breasts and shred or cut into small chunks. Then place back into the pot.
- Prepare your zoodles using a spiralizer. Don't forget to cut your zoodles after spiralizing them. Otherwise they'll be very long and difficult to eat.
- Add your zoodles to the pot along with your chopped cilantro or parsley. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Taste. Use extra salt and pepper if needed. Ladle into bowls and serve!