The Best Dairy Free Chicken Enchiladas
These chicken enchiladas include no dairy but they are packed with flavor! It all comes down to the easy homemade red sauce and a delicious pico de gallo topping. This entree really is the very best!
I bet you’ll be surprised by how easy it is to throw this red enchilada sauce together. You only need to stir together 7 simple ingredients!
For the filling I combine shredded chicken, store-bought salsa, canned green chiles, and a few seasonings. Stuff your favorite tortillas (mine are Almond Flour tortillas by Sieta Foods), ladle the sauce on top, and bake!
To really amp up the wow toss together a quick pico de gallo for topping. Oh baby, these enchiladas are so incredible you won’t even mind that they’re good for you.
What are my paleo tortilla options?
These days there are plenty of grain free tortillas to choose from! My favorites are by Siete Foods and made from almond flour. They’re non GMO, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and vegan! They also have a cassava flour version that works great for anyone avoiding nuts.
Grain free tortillas in general can be a little sensitive but if you’re gentle as you roll them you shouldn’t have any problems!
More recipes like this:
Mexican Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 3 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 ounces diced green chiles, canned
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tortillas, I use Siete Foods almond flour tortillas.
Red Enchilada Sauce
- 15 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Pico de Gallo
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 white, yellow, or red onion, diced
- 1/2 small jalapeno (Optional), cored, seeded, diced
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all enchilada sauce ingredients in a blender and blend OR combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Spread ½ cup enchilada sauce on bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Set remaining sauce aside until after enchiladas are assembled.
- In a large bowl, stir together salsa, diced green chiles, shredded chicken, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add a scoop (between ⅓ and ½ cup) of the chicken mixture down the center of one tortilla. Carefully roll it up (be gentle because grain free tortillas can be sensitive) and place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with all remaining tortillas until you have 8 filled tortillas in your dish.
- Pour sauce over your enchiladas.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While enchiladas are baking, stir together pico de gallo ingredients in a small bowl.
- Top finished enchiladas with pico de gallo, fresh chopped cilantro, and avocado before serving!
13 Comments on “The Best Dairy Free Chicken Enchiladas”
HI! This recipe looks amazing and I plan on making it tonight. Question regarding the Siete tortillas. I love them and I always heat them up on the fire or skillet so they can crisp up a little. In this recipe would you heat them up at all or just as is? I’m super excited about making this tonight. Thank you!
Tried this and loved it. My wife is gluten-free and was super excited to eat them. The corn tortillas did start to break when wrapping them but didn’t affect the taste. Would highly recommend this recipe. Thank you for sharing it with us and we are passing it to others.
This is so great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to let me know and rating the recipe!
This was a wonderful meal. My hubby said to put this on the fix again list.
I have a recipe that I have made for years that my family raves about. Now with my son who is 25 having dairy issues, I needed to find something for him to enjoy. I made a pan of my recipe and this recipe for dinner for family. We all loved this recipe because it taste so fresh and healthy.
I give this 5 stars and will be making this now instead of my cheesy and heavy recipe.
My family LOVES these! Thanks for sharing!
Seriously, my family loved this and they are not typically a fan of me altering recipes to accommodate my needs. It’s a keeper!
This was amazing! So much flavor, we didn’t miss cheese at all. We have a multiple food allergies in our house, one of which is dairy, so I’m always trying to find delicious dairy-free versions of our favorite foods. Thank you for sharing this!
Yay! That’s exactly what I want to hear!! So happy you enjoyed these and didn’t miss the cheese. 🙂
One of my absolute favorite recipes I’ve found online. Seriously this is SO tasty, yet healthy with lots of veggies, and no dairy! I’ve made this so many times and it never gets old. Love love love!
Thank you, Courtney! I’m so happy you love this recipe and have made it so many times!! <3
This are delicious! With all the flavors, you don’t miss the dairy at all! I’ll be making this on a regular basis.
I have made a family favorite chicken enchiladas recipe for years but wanted to have another choice for my son who now needs dairy free.
We all loved this recipe and thought it tasted so fresh and flavorful.