How about this Mexican Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice for a healthy meal that’s as tasty as it is good for you? So much flavor and so easy to throw together!
My original Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice is a popular recipe even among the cauliflower rice skeptics! Trust me, my husband and 8 year old son were firmly in that camp but that recipe won them over! And my son really gobbles up this one! He’s eight. Did you catch that part? Eight. And this is cauliflower. Stick with me, people.
The reason an 8 year old boy can get on board with this is IT’S SO FLAVORFUL! If you’ve made my food before you know I believe in the power of seasonings and this dish is no exception. Plus I’ve included onion, green pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and salsa. There’s just no way this could be boring.
Bonus: This beauty isn’t complicated. You can easily whip it up in under 30 minutes on a busy weeknight.
Top it with guacamole, extra salsa, fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, or my Creamy Avocado Dressing & Dip (it’s even easier to make than guacamole) and enjoy!
More recipes like this:
Mexican Chicken Fried Cauliflower RicePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Chicken, Onion, & Peppers
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking fat of choice I use extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 onion onion diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 16 oz riced cauliflower
- 3/4 cup salsa Use your favorite store-bought salsa.
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
Easy Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add cooking fat of choice to a hot skillet on medium high heat.
- Cut chicken into very small pieces, about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in size. Place chicken, diced onion, and diced green pepper in skillet. Salt and pepper. Sauté until chicken is mostly cooked through (approximately 3 to 4 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add all other ingredients to skillet. Stir until well combined. Reduce heat to medium. Cover. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Cauliflower rice should be tender when done.
- Enjoy as is or top with guacamole, salsa, fresh cilantro, or my Creamy Avocado Dressing & Dip.