Dark Chocolate Blueberry Cups
Creamy dark chocolate and crispy dried blueberries come together in this easy candy! You only need three ingredients and less than 30 minutes to make these delightful treats.
I love finding fun ways to make easy candies using minimal ingredients and these Dark Chocolate Blueberry Cups are the latest! If you want more ideas try my 3-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Coconut Cups, Easy Chocolate Almond Butter and Jelly Cups, 5-Ingredient Paleo Dark Chocolate Cups, or Easy 4-Ingredient Almond Butter Cups.
Dried blueberries were especially fun to play with here because they’re naturally sweet BUT THAT CRUNCH. Oh it’s all about that crunch, friend.
These don’t have a super blueberry taste, just the perfect balance of sweetness from the fruit and richness from the dark chocolate. And those crispy dried blueberries make these feel a lot like a Crunch candy bar!
Plus let’s not forget how pretty these are thanks to the purple of the blueberries. These are simply stunning for entertaining whether it’s a party or a simple charcuterie board spread.
For this recipe you’ll need (full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below):
- Dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Freeze dried blueberries
To make this recipe, you’ll line a mini muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Then melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. This needs to be done carefully and at very low heat so it doesn’t burn.
Add a little chocolate to the bottom of each liner.
Place your dried blueberries in a sealed bag and crush until about half are crumbs. You can leave some whole or mostly whole too.
Add the dried blueberries on top of the chocolate.
Top blueberries with the remaining chocolate mixture. Garnish with extra dried blueberries if desired. Freeze until firm and enjoy!
Can you use a standard muffin pan instead of a mini pan?
You can but you’ll only get about 6 to 8 cups due to their larger size.
Why combine the chocolate chips with coconut oil?
The coconut oil is what makes the chocolate harden to create a shell around these cups.
Where can you find freeze dried blueberries?
Most natural grocery stores will carry freeze dried blueberries. I get mine at Whole Foods. The brand I purchase is called Natierra and it comes in a 1.2 oz bag.
Are these vegan and dairy free?
Yes, these cups are vegan and dairy free if you use dairy free chocolate chips.
Can you use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips?
Of course! These won’t be dark chocolate cups anymore, but both semi-sweet and milk chocolate will work beautifully! Go right ahead and use what you have!
Can you store at room temperature?
I personally wouldn’t. They get pretty soft if they sit at room temperature for too long. If you want a creamier texture, store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy and then let them sit at room temp for about 5 minutes to soften.
Can you store in the freezer?
Yes! If you don’t plan on enjoying these in the next few days just store them in the refrigerator until you plan to eat them. They will of course require thawing when you’re ready.
More recipes like this:
5-Ingredient Paleo Dark Chocolate Cups
Easy Chocolate Almond Butter and Jelly Cups
3-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Coconut Cups
Easy 4-Ingredient Almond Butter Cups
Grain Free Chocolate Chunk Granola
Dark Chocolate Blueberry Cups
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup freeze dried blueberries
- Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small saucepan or pot on low heat. Melt, stirring frequently, until smooth. Then remove from heat so it doesn't continue to cook. (Don't use a higher heat and be sure to watch the chocolate carefully. We don't want it to burn and get thick.)
- Add 1 tsp of your chocolate mixture into each cupcake liner.
- Place your dried blueberries in a sealed ziplock bag and crush until about half are crumbs. You can leave some whole or mostly whole too.
- Divide dried blueberries between each cup and add to the top of the chocolate.
- Top with 2 tsp of remaining chocolate mixture. (If you have any left divide it up amongst the cups so none gets wasted!)
- (Optional) Add a sprinkle of crushed dried blueberries to the top of each cup.
- Place pan in the freezer and freeze until firm, about 15 to 20 minutes (no longer). Enjoy immediately or let them soften for 5 minutes at room temp for an even creamier texture. Store uneaten cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator.