Easy Roasted Broccoli
This Easy Roasted Broccoli is perfectly crunchy, salty, and fast enough to make any night of the week!
I can eat an entire sheet pan of Easy Roasted Broccoli. I can and I have. But most of the time I share it with the family so don’t judge me too hard. In all seriousness this is probably the side dish I currently make the most often.
You only need four simple ingredients to make this addictive recipe. Broccoli, olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
Use fresh broccoli for this recipe. I usually find a 12 oz bag in the produce section of my grocery store to save myself some time. If there are any giant florets in the bag I trim them down because you want all your florets to be close to the same size so they’ll cook evenly.
Trim the broccoli. Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle salt and garlic powder. That’s it! I told you this was easy, right?
For this recipe you’ll need (full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below):
- Olive oil
- Broccoli florets
- Garlic powder
To make this recipe you’ll spread your fresh broccoli florets on a baking sheet. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Then season with salt and garlic powder. Bake until broccoli is tender with some charred crispy edges!
How to get perfectly crispy roasted veggies
- Use fresh veggies. Never frozen!
- Choose a large sheet pan so you can spread vegetables in a single layer. I use a 12 x 17 for this recipe. Don’t ever pile veggies on top of each other. We want them to touch the bottom of the sheet pan.
- Cut larger vegetables in half.
- Don’t skimp on the olive oil.
- Roast at a high temp. I like 425 degrees for vegetables!
Can you roast frozen broccoli?
Don’t do it. I know somebody will tell you can. I’ve heard it and I’ve tried it. It just doesn’t work. Roasting frozen veggies results in a mushy texture that just makes me sad. The best part of roasted vegetables are those crispy pieces so start with fresh veggies.
More side dishes like this:
Herb Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Broccoli
Easy Roasted Broccoli
- 12 oz fresh broccoli
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice any large broccoli florets in half. Leave smaller ones whole.
- Spread florets in a single even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. If you have really small pieces in there check your progress because those will burn if you’re not careful. Broccoli should be tender and also have some brown crispy bits. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
5 Comments on “Easy Roasted Broccoli”
So yummy! Kids ate it as if it was candy 👏🏼
Okay, these are the best tasting thing ever!! Great for a healthy side, or as chips… hey maybe your whole meal!! SOOOO DELISH. My husband even was grabbing for some!
So delicious. So easy. Maybe I’m delirious but it tastes cheesy. I ate the whole pan myself. Yum!
No one in my house is a big broccoli fan, but it all gets eaten when prepared this way. Even my toddler will eat what she’s served when it’s roasted.
The picky 9 year old loves it. Everyone is happy!!!