This Skillet Chicken & Brussels Sprouts recipe is a simple dinner you can whip up in 25 minutes! Pair it with another veggie or serve it over traditional rice or cauliflower rice for a meal that will have you tempted to lick the plate.
Did I say 25 minutes? Oh yes I did! This recipe cooks fast because we’re cutting our chicken into small cubes and slicing our brussels sprouts in half. It makes a big difference. Everything sautés on medium high heat to add a bit of browning. Then we add the sauce ingredients and cover to get it all cooked through. Easy and fast, right?
Plus this entree is packed with flavor that will make even those brussels sprouts haters think twice. (I see you. I’m going to convince you to change your ways one of these days.)
For this absolutely lick-your-plate-worthy Skillet Chicken & Brussels Sprouts recipe I’m using the same simple sauce ingredients I use in my Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken. (Public Service Announcement: if you haven’t made that one yet, click that link because you really should. It is addictive and crazy easy.)
This is perfect for weeknights when you’re just plain ready to be done with your day. I feel ya, friend. But I assure you it’s possible to throw together this quick entree with minimal prep and time!
More recipes like this:
Skillet Chicken & Brussels SproutsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking fat of choice I use extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil.
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar Can sub apple cider vinegar.
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes Use 1/2 tsp if you like spicier flavors. That’s what I do!
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoon cooking fat of choice to a large sauté pan or non stick skillet. Heat on medium high.
- Dice your chicken breasts into cubes approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Once pan is hot, add your chicken and halved brussels sprouts. Salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes uncovered. Chicken should be close to done with some color but should not be cooked through. Brussels sprouts will have a bit of brown. Use a spatula to gently separate chicken that gets stuck together.
- Add Coconut Aminos, rice vinegar, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes to skillet. Stir. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Let it simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. (This will soften your brussels sprouts and cook the chicken all the way through.)
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and uncover. Let sit for 2 minutes to cook off a bit of the sauce.
- Serve over traditional rice, cauliflower rice, or roasted veggies and potatoes for a satisfying meal!