Spicy Chipotle Chicken Chili is thick, ready in 30 minutes, and brings the heat!
This will be my last soup recipe for this cold weather season and it’s a really good one, friend. I’ve made it bean free, dairy free, gluten free, and Whole30 compliant. But the most important part is that it’s delicious. Really delicious if you ask me.
If you’re like my daughter and any seasoning at all means “it’s too spicy” then stick with my Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. This Spicy Chipotle Chicken Chili definitely isn’t mild.
Spicy Chipotle Chicken ChiliPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 tbsp cooking fat of choice I use EVOO or avocado oil.
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 1 large white or yellow onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 3/4 – 2 lbs chicken breasts about 4 chicken breasts
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Add cooking fat of choice to your stock or soup pot on medium high heat. Add diced red peppers and onion. Stir and sauté until tender with some browning. Add the minced garlic and let everything sauté for another minute or less (until garlic turns a golden color). Watch it because it can burn quickly if you’re not careful.
- Add all other ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil on high heat. Then cover and reduce to a simmer (medium high or medium heat) for 20 to 25 minutes. Chicken should be cooked through when done.
- Shred or chop up your chicken. Taste and add extra salt or pepper if you like. Serve!