Turkey Pizza Egg Muffins
Turkey Pizza Egg Muffins are the answer to your need for a savory and healthy grab and go breakfast! They’re inspired by a hamburger pizza but perfect for your morning meal.
For these fun baked eggs I use ground turkey to make them extra light. (Of course you can go with ground beef if you prefer.) The secret to ground turkey is making sure you get it really well seasoned. Don’t worry, I got you.
The cooked (and well seasoned) ground turkey is tossed into the muffin pan along with eggs that are whisked with marinara sauce. SAY WHAT?! Yes, marinara sauce. Check the ingredient list on yours to make sure you don’t buy one that’s loaded with sugar. There are tons of varieties now (even at the traditional grocery store) that don’t have junky ingredients.
A little chopped fresh spinach gives us our morning veggie fix. (You can’t even taste it.)
Right before it all goes in the oven top it with chopped roasted red peppers. You can find this in a jar at your grocery store (usually by the olives). We love these roasted peppers on pizza so they’re the perfect addition to these pizza inspired egg muffins too. Can you use fresh red peppers? Well go right ahead! You also can swap them out for diced tomatoes.
Meal prepping and plan to enjoy these in the next 5 days? Store your muffins in an airtight container. Refrigerate and pull them out as needed. Microwave each muffin for around 15 seconds. Add more time if necessary.
Want to freeze these? Once your egg muffins are completely cooled just pop them into a ziplock bag and place them in the freezer. When you’re ready to reheat you can wrap each muffin in a wet paper towel (to help hold in the moisture) and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add more time if necessary.
If you’re interested in another egg muffin recipe try my Salsa Chicken Egg Muffins!
Turkey Pizza Egg Muffins
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, This is to grease the muffin pan and prevent sticking.
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey, I use 93/7. Can substitute lean ground beef if you prefer.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped, Can substitute a fresh herb like basil or parsley.
- a few strips of jarred roasted red pepper, drained, Can substitute diced tomatoes or sliced black olives.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the muffin tin with the olive oil (or use a spray). Don’t skimp on this or your eggs will stick. Make sure you grease both the sides and bottom of each muffin cup.
- Sauté the ground turkey until cooked. Add salt, pepper, minced garlic, onion powder, dried basil, and dried oregano. Stir. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk your eggs with the marinara sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into your muffin pan so that each cup is about 3/4 of the way full (or a little more).
- Add the chopped fresh spinach and use a fork to push the spinach down a bit. Add the cooked ground turkey to each muffin cup.
- Chop the roasted red pepper and sprinkle a little in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. The egg muffins will puff up a lot while baking. They’ll settle down over the next 5 minutes as they cool. Once cooled, use a fork or small spatula to gently pull the egg muffins from the pan and serve. (Instructions for meal prep and/or freezing these egg muffins can be found in the blog post right above this recipe.)