Buffalo Grilled Chicken Salad
This Buffalo Grilled Chicken Salad is spicy thanks to an easy homemade buffalo sauce plus it’s packed with crunchy veggies!
There’s a restaurant in town that serves up a Buffalo Grilled Chicken Salad and I eat it for lunch 4 or 5 times a week. Clearly I am a creature of habit. This was my inspiration for creating my own spin. Of course mine has an extra boost of veggies and I’m using my crazy good Dairy Free Ranch Dressing & Dip.
For this recipe you’ll want to use either 1 chicken breast or 3 chicken tenderloins. You can grill your chicken using an indoor grill (I have a Cuisinart Griddler Deluxe that I love because it’s easy to clean and nonstick) or an outdoor grill. Now I understand that often times we want to make things even easier so I’m also including directions for sautéing your chicken on the stove. It truly doesn’t matter which method you use!
If you have a favorite store-bought Ranch Dressing use it! If you’re like me and enjoy making your own (it’s simple) or want one that’s dairy free, check out mine. My Easy Ranch Dressing is a completely start from scratch recipe. My Dairy Free Ranch Dressing & Dip is thick and starts with a high quality mayo.
Feel free to add in extra toppings you like and enjoy!
More recipes like this:
Buffalo Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1/2 tbsp cooking fat of choice, I use EVOO or avocado oil. Can use more if you tend to experience a lot of sticking on your grill.
- 3 chicken breast tenderloins, Can also use 1 chicken breast.
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce
- 2 tsp ghee, vegan butter, or traditional butter if not Whole30, melted
- 1/8 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups lettuce of choice, Can use romaine, spinach, iceberg lettuce, or a mix. Any will work!
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 stem green onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tbsp Ranch Dressing, If you don’t have one on hand make one of mine! They’re very easy and dairy free.
Optional toppings: diced carrot, radish, red onion, 1/2 avocado, chopped fresh green beans, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, goat cheese, nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pistachios)
- If grilling chicken: Preheat grill to medium high heat. Both indoor or outdoor grills work great. Coat the outside of your chicken tenders with olive oil to help prevent sticking. (Can skip the oil if you’re using a nonstick indoor grill.) Place on the hot grill. Salt and pepper the side facing up. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from grill and set aside.
- If sautéing chicken: Preheat nonstick skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil (or another cooking fat of choice) to skillet. Place your chicken tenders in the hot pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine Buffalo Sauce ingredients in a bowl or ziplock bag. Toss cooked chicken tenders with sauce until well coated.