Chipotle Peach Baked Wings
Chipotle Peach Baked Wings are covered in a spicy dry rub, baked to perfection, and slathered in a tangy chipotle peach sauce you’re really going to love!
My son and husband love all things spicy and they’re especially big on chicken wings. If it’s the weekend or there’s a game on they want wings. I’m cool with it because I like experimenting with different sauces. I hit the jackpot with these Chipotle Peach Baked Wings.
The dry rub is super flavorful and really brings the heat. It also gives the chicken a gorgeous color as it bakes.
I recommend cooking the wings on a baking rack placed inside an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. This helps minimize clean up and crisp up the chicken since it’s not simmering in it’s own juices. You can of course just place the chicken on a baking sheet with aluminum foil if you don’t have a baking rack.
Once the wings are done baking it’s time to slather them in the yummy Chipotle Peach Sauce.
About this sauce, ya’ll. YUM. No sugar. No honey. The bit of sweetness comes from peach slices! I went with canned peach slices because it’s so convenient and you don’t have to worry about whether peaches are in season or ripe enough. The trick is to read the label to avoid cans that contain sweeteners or syrup. Libby’s Yellow Cling Peach Slices (my favorite) contain 100% fruit and juice. The ingredients are only peaches, water, and pear juice concentrate. Del Monte also makes a good one with peaches, peach juice, pear juice, natural flavor, and ascorbic acid to preserve color. You can of course use fresh peach slices if you have a peach that’s really ripe!
Now let’s just gaze on these incredible baked wings.
Have a guest coming over who isn’t into spicy food? Tone down the heat by leaving the dry rub off that person’s wings. Simple!
Now go make these Chipotle Peach Baked Wings. You’ll be happily licking the sauce off your fingers in no time.
For this recipe you’ll need (full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below):
- Chicken wingettes, wings, or split wings
- Ghee or butter
- Coconut aminos
- Tomato paste
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce or Garlic Tabasco Sauce
- Canned peaches
- A few simple seasonings
What part of the chicken to use
Next time you’re in the grocery store grab a pack of chicken wings and a pack of chicken wingettes and hold them side by side. Chicken wings are quite large! The middle part of the wing is actually called a wingette or a flat. When you see chicken wings at a restaurant what you’re really getting are usually wingettes or split wings. They’re cut smaller and easier to eat. I typically purchase wingettes in my grocery store when making wings at home. You’re welcome to use wings, wingettes, or split wings.
How to get wings crispy in the oven
Anyone who says baked wings can’t be crispy isn’t do it right! Here are five simple things you need to do for crispy baked wings.
- Pat your wings dry with a paper towel.
- Don’t add any sauce until the end.
- Spread the chicken wings on an oven safe wire rack over a baking sheet. I use the cooling rack that’s intended for cookies. Really. You don’t want your wings touching the bottom of the pan so this keeps them elevated.
- Bake at high heat. I do my wings at 450 degrees.
- Flip the wings at around the halfway point so both the top and the bottom get crispy.
Are these wings Whole30 compliant?
Yes! Just be sure to use ghee instead of regular butter. Also check the label on your canned peaches to ensure they’re compliant and made with 100% juice.
Are these wings dairy-free?
Use vegan butter instead of ghee or regular butter.
More recipes like this:
Chipotle Peach Baked Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wingettes, wings, or split wings
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Chipotle Peach Sauce
- 1/4 cup melted ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce, Can use Garlic Tabasco if you preferred.
- 6 canned peach slices + 2 tbsp of their juice, Can use extra juice to increase the sweetness of the sauce.
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel. This is an important step to achieving crispy wings so don't skip it!
- Toss chicken in a large ziplock bag with dry rub. Seal. Shake so each wing is fully covered with the rub. Place wings on a wire rack over an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Flip chicken. Bake for 20 additional minutes.
- Add all Chipotle Peach Sauce ingredients to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds until all ingredients are combined and sauce is smooth. Pour into a small pot and stir on medium-low heat for a few minutes until sauce is warmed.
- Toss the baked chicken wings in Chipotle Peach Sauce to evenly coat. Serve immediately. Sprinkle some finely chopped herbs on top if you're serving for an event to really make them look extra special!