My son and husband love all things spicy and they’re especially big on chicken wings. If it’s the weekend or there’s a game on they want wings. I’m cool with it because I like experimenting with different sauces. I hit the jackpot with these Chipotle Peach Baked Wings.
The dry rub is super flavorful and really brings the heat. It also gives the chicken a gorgeous color as it bakes.
I recommend cooking the wings on a baking rack placed inside an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. This helps minimize clean up and crisp up the chicken since it’s not simmering in it’s own juices. You can of course just place the chicken on a baking sheet with aluminum foil if you don’t have a baking rack.
Once the wings are done baking it’s time to slather them in the yummy Chipotle Peach Sauce.
About this sauce, ya’ll. YUM. No sugar. No honey. The bit of sweetness comes from peach slices! I went with canned peach slices because it’s so convenient and you don’t have to worry about whether peaches are in season or ripe enough. The trick is to read the label to avoid cans that contain sweeteners or syrup. Libby’s Yellow Cling Peach Slices (my favorite) contain 100% fruit and juice. The ingredients are only peaches, water, and pear juice concentrate. Del Monte also makes a good one with peaches, peach juice, pear juice, natural flavor, and ascorbic acid to preserve color. You can of course use fresh peach slices if you have a peach that’s really ripe!
Now let’s just gaze on these incredible baked wings.
Have a guest coming over who isn’t into spicy food? Tone down the heat by leaving the dry rub off that person’s wings. Simple!
Now go make these Chipotle Peach Baked Wings. You’ll be happily licking the sauce off your fingers in no time.
Chipotle Peach Baked WingsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 20 chicken wings with skin
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
Chipotle Peach Sauce
- 1/4 cup melted ghee or butter if not Whole30
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/8 cup Garlic Tabasco
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 peach slices If using fresh peach slices make sure the peach is very ripe and remove skin. If using canned check the label to avoid sugar.
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss chicken in a large ziplock bag with dry rub. Seal. Shake so each wing is fully covered with the rub. Place wings on a wire rack over an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip chicken. Bake for 15 additional minutes.
- Add all Chipotle Peach Sauce ingredients to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds until all ingredients are combined and sauce is smooth. Pour into a small pot and cook on the stove just until sauce is heated through.
- Place cooked chicken in a large bowl and pour sauce over top. Gently toss chicken in the Chipotle Peach Sauce so each wing is covered. Serve immediately. (Sprinkle some finely chopped herbs on top if you're serving for an event to really make them look extra special!)
I recommend baking these wings on a baking rack placed on top of an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. This helps gets your wings crispy and reduces clean up. You can place the wings directly on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet without the rack if you don't have one.
These wings have some heat thanks to that delicious dry rub. If you have a guest who can't handle much spice just don't add the dry rub to their wings. They'll likely enjoy the Chipotle Peach Sauce. It's mildly spicy because the peach helps sweeten it a bit.
I use canned peach slices for this recipe and I prefer Libby's Yellow Cling Peach Slices because the ingredients are 100% fruit and juice. If you're going to use fresh peach slices make sure they're very ripe so they can adequately sweeten the sauce.
Made these wings? If you share a tasty photo on Instagram I’d love to see it! Just tag me!