Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites
These chicken bites are both sweet and spicy thanks to a sticky 5-ingredient sauce! Serve over cauliflower or traditional rice and with veggies for an incredible meal or offer them to guests as an appetizer.
These chicken bites have some heat, some sweetness, and boy oh boy just wait until you try this easy sauce!
You’ll only use 5 simple ingredients to create the sauce. It’s surprisingly simple for something that is so addictively delicious. If you lick the remaining sauce off your plate I won’t blame you. I’ll probably be doing it too.
And hey guess what? This entree is completely dairy-free, gluten-free, and Paleo. It’s quick and filled with truly nourishing ingredients. That’s a win to me!
To start, cut your chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. This will help your chicken cook quickly and evenly.
Then sauté them in little oil so they’re browned but not quite cooked through.
Stir together your sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce (it will be thin at this point) into the skillet with your browned chicken. Let that sauce simmer for five minutes. It will bubble as it thickens and reduces.
That’s it! The finished sauce will be sticky and cling beautifully to each chicken bite. Ahhh it is SO GOOD!
You’re welcome to adjust the heat in this recipe by increasing or decreasing the amount of sriracha you use in the sauce. I personally wouldn’t increase the crushed red pepper flakes though. A little of that goes a very long way!
What if your sauce doesn’t bubble and thicken?
If you’re not seeing a lot of bubbles then you need to crank up that heat, friend. We’re cooking at medium-high heat here. Medium is not enough to thicken the sauce so make sure your temp is high enough.
How to serve these sticky chicken bites?
I recommend serving over steamed cauliflower or traditional rice with a side of roasted veggies. That right there is my idea of a perfect meal!
Thinking of a green side? I recommend my Spicy Roasted Broccoli, Easy Roasted Broccoli, Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts, Garlic Green Beans, Simple Sautéed Cabbage, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, or Roasted Green Beans with Almonds.
Thinking of adding some quality carbs to your plate? I recommend my Light & Creamy Mashed Potatoes. If you’re not a mashed potato fan (how dare you) try Easy Seasoned Roasted Potatoes, Easy Diced Air Fryer Potatoes, Skillet Breakfast Potatoes, Smashed & Roasted Italian Potatoes, Baked Herb Potato Rounds, or Cinnamon Pecan Sweet Potato Rounds.
You can totally serve this chicken as an appetizer as well! Just be sure to keep it warm!
More recipes like this:
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- 6 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Add oil to skillet. Heat on medium high. Once oil is hot, add your chicken pieces. Season with chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Stir. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes uncovered, flipping occasionally. Chicken should have some browning on the outside and will be close to cooked through when done.
- Meanwhile, stir together coconut aminos, honey, sriracha, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Taste. If it's not hot enough for your liking add one extra teaspoon of sriracha (I always do!).
- Pour sauce into skillet with chicken. (Sauce will be thin at this point.) Let it all simmer (sauce will get bubbly) on medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened and chicken is completely cooked through.