Update: This recipe was originally published in 2017 and has been republished with all new photos.
I have been wanting to rephotograph these Hawaiian Steak Kabobs for the last year and finally checked it off my list today.
Hungry? My Hawaiian Steak Kabobs include a very easy 2 ingredient marinade, juicy top sirloin, fresh pineapple, and sweet mini peppers. So simple and so perfect. What more could you need?
These kabobs cook in minutes. That’s always a win for busy weeknights or when you’re entertaining and don’t want to spend your whole night standing over the grill.
Serve them with fresh veggies, potatoes, and/or a simple salad to create a healthy dinner everyone will rave about.
How long should you marinade?
The longer you marinade the more pronounced the flavor will be. You can let it work it’s magic for as little as 30 minutes and up to 12 hours. I don’t recommend longer than 12 hours because your meat can start to breakdown and the texture changes if it sits in a marinade for too long. (That goes for any marinade.)
More recipes like this:
Hawaiian Steak KabobsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1.5 - 2 lbs top sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos Can use soy sauce if not Whole30.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb bag of sweet mini peppers
- 1 pineapple
- salt & pepper
- Cut your steak into large pieces (around 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inches). Try to keep them uniform in size so they'll cook in the same amount of time.
- Add your steak, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), and olive oil to a gallon ziploc bag. Squeeze out excess air and zip closed. Use your fingers to massage the marinade evenly around the steak. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, flipping the bag over occasionally.
- Cut the tops off your peppers. Scoop out any seeds and discard along with the tops. Slice the peppers into evenly sized chunks.
- Remove the top and outside of the pineapple. Remove the core. Cut the flesh into large chunks.
- Thread your marinated steak, peppers, and pineapple chunks onto skewers.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle excess marinade from the bag over the kabobs so that your veggies also have a nice coat. (The olive oil in the marinade will help the veggies get a beautiful char.)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place kabobs on the grill so they're not touching. Grill for 3-5 minutes. Flip. Grill for another 3-5 minutes. Remove when you've achieved your desired doneness.