This morning I sent my oldest off to first grade. I didn’t cry but, trust me, I did plenty of crying last week and I will be on the verge of tears all day. This mama is a little anxious to see him go. I can’t get over how quiet the house is without his ninja playing and baseball tossing!
School may have started but the weather is still perfect for grilling, friends. So this morning I’m sharing an easy kabob recipe you’ll want to keep in the rotation.
These Hawaiian Steak Kabobs are Whole30 and Paleo compliant so you can enjoy them even when you’re on a pretty restrictive diet.
They cook in minutes which is always a win for us busy parents!
Plus, the colors are gorgeous! I love a bright colored plate of food!
Hawaiian Steak KabobsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1.5 - 2 lbs top sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bag of sweet mini peppers
- 1 pineapple
- black pepper
- Cut your steak into large pieces (around 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inches). Try to keep them uniform in size so they'll cook in the same amount of time.
- Add your steak, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), and olive oil to a gallon ziploc bag. Squeeze out excess air and zip closed. Use your fingers to massage the marinade evenly around the steak. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, flipping the bag over occasionally.
- Cut the tops off your peppers. Scoop out any seeds and discard along with the tops. Slice the peppers into evenly sized chunks.
- Remove the top and outside of the pineapple. Remove the core. Cut the flesh into large chunks.
- Thread your marinated steak, peppers, and pineapple chunks onto skewers.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle excess marinade from the bag over the kabobs so that your veggies also have a nice coat. (The olive oil in the marinade will help the veggies get a beautiful char.)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place kabobs on the grill so they're not touching. Grill for 3-5 minutes. Flip. Grill for another 3-5 minutes. Remove when you've achieved your desired doneness.