I can’t think of a vegetable that produces more sweetness when roasted than carrots. They’re like the candy of the veggie family. (Don’t tell my toddler. She acts like Roasted Brussels Sprouts are candy and I’m not telling her otherwise.) Carrots really do have their own natural sweetness and ghee brings that out in more.
If you haven’t cooked with ghee before you’re really in for a treat! I was first introduced to ghee during my first Whole 30 in 2015. I now strongly prefer it over traditional butter (except in baking). So what is it? Ghee is a type of clarified butter. It has a rich nutty taste. It’s the perfect compliment to carrots. Full disclosure: I have used traditional butter or olive oil in this recipe when I was in a pinch and didn’t have ghee. It works. But friends, there is a difference and the ghee wins every single time.
This is such a quick side dish to make. The prep is minimal and you can’t beat the ingredient list! Only four! I make it almost weekly because I always have the ingredients on hand.
I often bring these orange beauties to events and everyone devours them. Even the youngest children gobble them right up!
So get cooking and make your own Roasted Parsley Carrots. I so hope you enjoy them as much as my family does.
Roasted Parsley CarrotsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb whole carrots
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel your carrots. Cut into sticks approximately 2 1/2 - 3 inches long and 1/2 - 1 inch wide.
- Throw your carrots on a baking sheet. They should form a single layer so you don't have carrots on top of carrots.
- Divide your ghee on top of the carrots in a few little blobs. It will melt while it cooks and spread throughout all the carrots.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Carrots are done when they're tender and you see some browning.
- Sprinkle dried parsley over carrots and serve!
Made these? If you share them on Instagram I’d love to see them. Just tag me and I’ll check them out!
Love carrots? I bet you’ll also love my recipe for Lemon & Thyme Roasted Carrots.