Roasted Parsley Carrots are naturally sweet and so easy to throw together. This is a weeknight favorite in my home!
I can’t think of a vegetable that produces more sweetness when roasted than carrots. They’re like the candy of the veggie family. (Don’t tell my toddler. She acts like Roasted Brussels Sprouts are candy and I’m not telling her otherwise.) Carrots really do have their own natural sweetness and ghee brings that out in more.
If you haven’t cooked with ghee before you’re really in for a treat! So what is it? Ghee is a type of clarified butter. It has a rich nutty taste. Full disclosure: I have used traditional butter and olive oil in this recipe when I was in a pinch and didn’t have ghee. It works. But, friends, there is a difference and the ghee wins every single time.
This is such a quick side dish to make. The prep is minimal and you can’t beat the ingredient list! Only four! I make it almost weekly because I always have the ingredients on hand.
So get cooking and make your own Roasted Parsley Carrots. I so hope you enjoy them as much as my family does.
More easy side dishes like this:
Roasted Parsley CarrotsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb whole carrots
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel your carrots. Cut into sticks approximately 2 1/2 - 3 inches long and 1/2 - 1 inch wide.
- Throw your carrots on a baking sheet. They should form a single layer so you don't have carrots on top of carrots.
- Divide your ghee on top of the carrots in a few little blobs. It will melt while it cooks and spread throughout all the carrots.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Carrots are done when they're tender and you see some browning.
- Sprinkle dried parsley over carrots and serve!