Roasted Parsley Carrots
These carrots are roasted until perfectly tender, naturally sweet, and so easy to throw together. Even kids love them!
I can’t think of a vegetable that produces more sweetness when roasted than carrots. They’re like the candy of the veggie family. (Don’t tell my toddler. She acts like Roasted Brussels Sprouts are candy and I’m not telling her otherwise.) Carrots really do have their own natural sweetness and ghee brings that out in more.
If you haven’t cooked with ghee before you’re really in for a treat! So what is it? Ghee is a type of clarified butter. It has a rich nutty taste. Full disclosure: I have used traditional butter and olive oil in this recipe when I was in a pinch and didn’t have ghee. It works. But, friends, there is a difference and the ghee wins every single time.
This is such a quick side dish to make. The prep is minimal and you can’t beat the ingredient list! Only four! I make it almost weekly because I always have the ingredients on hand.
For this recipe you’ll need (full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below):
- Ghee or butter
- Dried parsley
Peel the carrots and slice sticks. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Add the ghee or butter to the baking sheet with the carrots. Salt. Bake until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
How to get perfectly roasted carrots
- Use fresh carrots. Never frozen!
- Choose a large enough sheet pan so you can spread vegetables in a single layer. Don’t ever pile veggies on top of each other. We want them to touch the bottom of the sheet pan.
- Cut the carrots the same size so they’ll cook evenly.
- Don’t skimp on the cooking fat. For this recipe we’re using ghee or butter.
- Roast at a high temp. I like 425 degrees for vegetables!
Can you use a different herb?
Absolutely! Dried oregano or basil would be excellent in this recipe.
Can you use fresh parsley instead of dried?
Yes! Don’t have any dried parsley or just trying to use up the fresh parsley in your fridge? No problem. Dried herbs pack more of a flavor punch than fresh so if using fresh parsley I’d suggest at least 3 tablespoons.
More easy side dishes like this:
Roasted Parsley Carrots
- 1 lb whole carrots
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel your carrots. Cut into sticks approximately 2 1/2 – 3 inches long and 1/2 – 1 inch wide.
- Throw your carrots on a baking sheet. They should form a single layer so you don’t have carrots on top of carrots.
- Divide your ghee on top of the carrots in a few little blobs. It will melt while it cooks and spread throughout all the carrots. Salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Carrots are done when they’re tender and you see some browning.
- Sprinkle dried parsley over carrots before servings.
Comments are closed.