If you’re needing a simple and versatile entree you’re really going to be a fan of this Slow Cooker Italian Shredded Chicken.
I love using my slow cooker. Isn’t it the best feeling when 4 PM arrives and you don’t have that WHAT ON EARTH ARE WE GOING TO DO FOR DINNER AND DO I HAVE THE GROCERIES FOR IT panic? Instead you know it’s already cooking while you’re doing whatever else you want to be doing. That’s when I feel like a boss.
Everything just goes right in the slow cooker and it does all the work for you. When I say everything I mean everything.
Toss in all the ingredients and let it cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. When it’s done you just shred your chicken. Voila.
The big question is what’s the best part of this dish? How easy it is? (So stinkin’ easy.) Or the limitless list of things you can do with it? Because, y’all, this chicken can be used in so many different ways. If you’re eating low carb or Whole30 use it in a lettuce wrap, on cauliflower rice, over zoodles, in a baked potato, over sautéed greens, over diced potatoes, or just in a bowl as is with a side of veggies! My husband loves to build a monster sandwich with this delicious chicken! We’ve also enjoyed it with gnocchi.
I told you. So many tasty possibilities.
Slow Cooker Italian Shredded ChickenPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2.5 - 3 lb chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup canned full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 12 sun-dried tomato halves diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Add all other ingredients on top.
- Cook on high with lid on for 3 - 4 hours or low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and use a fork to shred it. Place shredded chicken back in the slow cooker. Stir.
- Add additional salt or pepper to taste.
- Serve over traditional rice, cauliflower rice, or veggies. This is also delicious in a baked potato or on a sandwich.