Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Skillet Chicken Fajitas are ready in about 30 minutes (plus time to marinade the chicken). A perfect weeknight dinner! Let’s have a fajita fiesta. Yes? Yes.
If you’re ever looking for healthy dining out options a Mexican restaurant is always a good solution.
9 times out of 10 I order fajitas. Skip the tortillas. Trust me. You won’t need them. Top the fajita meat and veggies with the shredded lettuce and pico de gallo that accompany every fajita order in every Mexican restaurant ever. Throw on some of that table salsa and order a dish of guacamole. (It’s extra and always worth it.)
Boom. That’s a filling and good for you dinner.
Want to create this dish at home? Sure you do. You’ll love these Skillet Chicken Fajitas. They aren’t cooked in canola oil (I wouldn’t do that to you). Plus they’re Whole30, gluten free, and dairy free.
These fajitas are crazy freakin’ delicious.
Craving more chicken? Me too, friend. Try my Coconut Lime Chicken. It includes a dairy free but very creamy sauce that I adore.
Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Chicken, Onions, & Peppers
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium bell peppers, I use one green and one red, orange, or yellow
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional Toppings: Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, fresh cilantro, green onions
- Slice your chicken breasts into thin strips. Toss in a gallon Ziplock bag with marinade ingredients. Remove air from the bag and close tightly. Use your fingers to massage the chicken and make sure your marinade is evenly distributed. Set aside for 30 minutes or longer.
- Cut off and discard the top of your peppers. Remove the seeds. Cut peppers into thin strips.
- Cut onion into thin strips.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the pepper and onion slices. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes until they're tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, remove from skillet, and set aside in another dish.
- Add your chicken to the skillet. Cook on each side for 2 - 3 minutes. Chicken should have some charring.
- When chicken is done add your onions and peppers back to the skillet and gently stir together.