Baked Almond Chicken Nuggets are crispy, easy, and perfect for grown ups and kids alike!
I recently shared my recipe for Almond Crusted Ranch Chicken and I got so many questions about turning them into nuggets that I decided to just go ahead and give ya’ll a nugget recipe. BOOM. Here you go!
These nuggets use almond flour instead of white flour so they’re going to be nutritious, high in protein, and low in carbohydrates and sugar.
When I use almond flour I like to cook my chicken directly in the cooking fat whether it’s sautéed or baked in the oven. I don’t use much and we’re definitely not frying these. But just a bit of fat helps your breading brown beautifully without overcooking the chicken. And I do love that golden brown coloring!
There are several great brands to choose from when it comes to almond flour. Two of my favorites are Bob’s Red Mill and Nature’s Eats. Just make sure you get blanched almond flour because that means the skin has been removed.
I’m using simple seasonings to make these nuggets flavorful but still perfect for young children. Adults will want them too. Oh I sure do. The first time I tested this recipe I mowed through half the sheet pan myself. That’s not a serving size, friends. I have no regrets.
Whether you decide to gorge yourself on them all by your lonesome (no judgment), whip them up for the family at dinnertime, or serve them as an appetizer to friends, they’re sure to be a hit!
Baked Almond Chicken NuggetsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts approximately 3 – 4 breasts
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour finely ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice your chicken breasts to create nuggets.
- Add your almond flour, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt to a shallow dish. Stir to combine.
- Crack your eggs into a separate bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Dip each nugget in the eggs and let the excess drip off (that’s important). Then dredge each nugget in the breading mixture.
- Grease your baking sheet with olive oil or another cooking fat of choice. Place each breaded nugget on the greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Carefully flip each nugget. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve!