I am obsessed with creamy sauces that don’t actually contain dairy. If you love red pepper you’re going to be all over this Dairy Free Creamy Red Pepper Sauce.
Cauliflower and coconut milk work together to give this sauce a beautifully creamy texture. It’s thick so it will stick nicely to whatever you want to top it on.
I roast the cauliflower and red pepper to really amplify the flavor. Once they’re roasted you just toss them in a blender (I swear by my Vitamix) along with a little seasoning and canned coconut milk.
Do not use the coconut milk you find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. It doesn’t give you the creaminess you want in the sauce. Canned coconut milk works perfectly. It can separate in the can so give it a stir before use. (I also use canned coconut milk in my 30 Minute Dairy Free Loaded Potato Soup. This soup is seriously phenomenal. That is not an exaggeration.)
This sauce is yummy over zoodles, spaghetti squash, or traditional pasta noodles. You can even mix it with veggies, add it to your baked potato, or place it on top of your omelet! Whatever you do I bet you’ll enjoy it!
Dairy Free Creamy Red Pepper SaucePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 cups fresh uncooked cauliflower florets
- 1 red pepper cored and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place your cauliflower florets and red pepper in a single layer on a large baking sheet. (If you're using a head of cauliflower just cut into florets.)
- Drizzle with olive oil and minced garlic. Use your hands to move the cauliflower and red pepper around to ensure they're evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add it all to your blender along with canned coconut milk, lemon juice, onion powder, and paprika.
- Blend until completely smooth. Use additional salt and pepper if necessary.