Sautéed Chicken in Creamy Red Pepper Sauce is so incredibly flavorful but simple. Serve it over noodles, zoodles, spaghetti squash or with roasted veggies!
This all started with my Creamy Red Pepper Sauce. It’s easy and requires only six ingredients. I love a drizzle of it on basically everything. I knew right away I wanted to do a skillet chicken dish with it and I have finally done it.
The chicken is sautéed to golden brown perfection along with sliced red peppers. Then we blend our sauce ingredients (I’ve added 1/2 cup of chicken stock because sometimes more is more and we definitely want more of this sauce) and add them to the skillet with spinach. That’s it! Easy enough to make on weeknights but delicious enough to feel extra special!
Craving more quick and easy skillet chicken? Me too, friend. My Coconut Lime Chicken is everybody’s favorite so give it a try!
Sautéed Chicken in Creamy Red Pepper SaucePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Chicken & Veggies
- 2 tbsp cooking fat of choice I use EVOO or avocado oil.
- 4 chicken breasts About 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 lbs.
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced, cored
- 2 1/2 oz fresh baby spinach
- salt & pepper
Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
- 16 oz jarred roasted red peppers drained
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add 1 tbsp of cooking fat of choice to hot skillet on medium high heat. Add thinly sliced red peppers. Sauté until tender with some browning. Remove red peppers from the skillet and set aside.
- Unless your chicken breasts are already fairly thin slice them horizontally. This will give you very thin cutlets so they’ll cook faster and more evenly.
- Add other 1 tbsp of cooking fat to pan. Add your chicken breasts to the hot pan. Liberally salt and pepper the side facing up. Sauté until each side has some browning and chicken is cooked through or mostly cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate. Lower heat to medium.
- Add all Creamy Red Pepper Sauce ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce into skillet. Add the red peppers, chicken, and spinach to your sauce. Cover. Let simmer on medium to medium low for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is warmed.
- Serve with or over noodles, zoodles, spaghetti squash, or vegetables to take full advantage of the sauce!