20-Minute Greek Pasta Salad
This simple pasta salad is easy to throw together and perfect for entertaining or making ahead of time for a week’s worth of lunches. I love to prepare it the day before so the flavors can develop overnight.
Update: This recipe was originally published in 2017 and has been republished with all new photos.
Today I’m sharing a recipe that my family has been enjoying for over 20 years. When I was a child our neighbor was a lovely woman named Carol. She went to our church, she helped sew our costumes and homecoming dresses when we couldn’t find what we wanted in the store, and she’s been an incredible friend to my mom all this time. This pasta dish is a modified version of the dish she brought to our house repeatedly over the years. I’ve only tweaked it slightly to include an additional veggie and decrease the dairy content. You know I can’t help myself. I believe it’s every bit as delicious as her special pasta and I’m honored to share it here.
The best part of this recipe (aside from the yummy taste) is that it’s so easy to make the night before an event. It actually gets better if you let it sit in the refrigerator overnight! So go ahead and whip it up in advance of your holiday celebration so you have one less thing to tackle the next day.
For this recipe you’ll need (full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below):
- Angel hair pasta
- Green onion
- Canned black olives
- Chopped pimentos or roasted red peppers
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Greek seasoning
Can you make this in advance?
Yes! I actually recommend making it the day before you plan to enjoy it so that the flavors continue to build overnight. Just refrigerate in an airtight container.
Is this pasta salad good for meal prep?
This is actually a pretty perfect entree for meal prep since the flavors get stronger over time.
Want to add a protein?
If you’re looking to make this dish a bit heartier just add shredded rotisserie chicken or sautéed chicken breasts.
More recipes like this:
20-Minute Greek Pasta Salad
- 16 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 medium cucumber, finely diced
- 6 stems of green onion, chopped
- 4.25 oz canned chopped black olives
- 4 oz chopped pimentos OR two chopped roasted red peppers
- 6 oz feta crumbles
- 1 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp Cavender’s Greek Seasoning, can use a different Greek seasoning
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar, put the lid on, and shake until everything is combined.
- Cook your angel hair pasta per package directions. Drain water and then stir in chopped olives, cucumber, green onion, pimentos or roasted red peppers, and feta.
- Pour the dressing on top of your pasta and stir.
- Refrigerate the finished pasta until you're ready to serve. It's even better after it's had time for all your flavors to mix so I like to make mine at least 12 hours before I'm serving it.