Grilled Corn Salad
Bring all the best flavors of summer to life in this Grilled Corn Salad. Serve as a side dish, topping, or dip!
I’m keeping the theme of “hey it’s summery so I’m very into summery food right now” going with this delicious Grilled Corn Salad.
This beauty is simply flavored. It’s really all about the combination of grilled corn, feta, and fresh basil. With just the right amount of olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper… it tastes like summer!
I love this as a side dish, a topping for grilled chicken or fish, OR serve it as a dip for chips! It’s so versatile and yummy!
For this recipe you’ll need (full list of ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below):
- Grape tomatoes
- Red onion
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
To make, grill your corn. Then carefully slice the kernels off the corn and add to a large bowl.
Stir in tomatoes, red onion, basil, and feta. Drizzle with olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Can you grill frozen corn?
You can! I grill frozen corn all the time simply because it’s so easy to keep frozen corn on hand!
The finished texture will be a little chewier if you start with frozen, but it still tastes delicious and works well! So feel free to use fresh or frozen. Whichever you have will be great.
Can you skip the grilling and use canned corn?
Yes, you can definitely use canned corn (drained); however, grilling brings out so much flavor and natural sweetness. I’d personally spend the extra few minutes to grill fresh or frozen corn. It’s worth it!
Can you make this ahead of time?
Absolutely. I love it cold so make it the day before if you like! Refrigerate in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve.
How to customize this
- Swap the basil for cilantro and add a squeeze of lime juice and diced jalapeno for a Mexican-inspired variation. Cojita cheese would be a great swap for feta too!
- Try adding diced cucumber if you want an even fresher, brighter flavor.
How to serve this
I have THREE ways you can enjoy this beautiful dish:
- It’s a side! Pair this with something grilled (like my Ultimate Marinated Grilled Chicken or Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken) and a simple salad.
- It’s a dip! Enjoy with chips on a game day or when entertaining.
- It’s a topping! Add this to grilled chicken, sautéed chicken, store-bought rotisserie chicken, or flakey white fish to really make it wow!
More recipes like this:
Grilled Corn Salad
- 6 ears of corn
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut into thirds or fourths
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 6 – 7 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup feta crumbles
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
To grill corn:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Lightly oil the grates or the outside of the corn. Place corn on the grill and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, turning at least once, until kernels are tender and you see some browning. Remove from the grill and let it sit until cool to the touch.
To assemble Grilled Corn Salad:
- Carefully slice the kernels off the cob and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, red onion, basil, and feta. Drizzle with olive oil and white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve. (No need to warm it before serving. This dish is delicious cold.)