This Italian Marinated Chicken is so easy to throw together and can be served up so many ways!
When I was in college I cooked two things. (1) Corn from a can that I poured into a bowl, heated in the microwave, and drowned in salt and butter. (2) Chicken marinated in store bought Italian dressing and baked in the oven.
Also brownies from a box of brownie mix. I was a beast at brownie making.
Now I’m a little older (ahem, thirty-six), wiser, and my food tastes have most definitely changed. But I still crave Italian Marinated Chicken.
These days I use my own Easy Homemade Italian Dressing. It contains no sugar or junk of any kind. (Those sneaky salad dressing makers are not scared to throw in a crazy sounding ingredient.) My dressing is completely Whole30 compliant, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free. I can personally attest that it’s also dang tasty on a salad or as a marinade.
I like to let the chicken marinade for at least an hour. From there it’s up to you how you want to prepare it. It’s delicious on the grill or in a sauté pan on the stove with a little olive oil.
Serve with veggies and potatoes for a healthy and completely satisfying dinner. Add it to a salad or to my Italian Marinated Chicken Lettuce Wraps for a hearty lunch.
More recipes like this:
Italian Marinated ChickenPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 chicken breasts trimmed
Easy Homemade Italian Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place your chicken breasts in a gallon Ziploc bag with all ingredients for the Easy Homemade Italian Dressing. Seal the bag, squeezing out any excess air. Let the chicken marinade for at least one hour and up to 12 hours.
- Grill or saute your chicken depending on your preference. I'm providing instructions for both below.
On the Grill
- Remove each chicken breast from the bag and place on a hot grill over medium heat. Grill 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until done. (Juices should run clear.)
On the Stove
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or another cooking fat to a skillet on the stove. Heat the oil over medium high heat. (You'll know it's ready when the chicken sizzles as you place it in the pan.) Add each chicken breast to the skillet in a single layer. Cook for about 5 minutes. Flip your chicken. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. (Chicken should be firm to the touch when done and juices should run clear.)